Thread: Tea Party vs Occupy: Are Cities Guilty of Double-Standard?

Hybrid View

1. #1 Tea Party vs Occupy: Are Cities Guilty of Double-Standard? 
    Tea Party groups across the nation are accusing local and state governments of a double standard – charging them fees to hold rallies in public parks, while allowing Occupy protesters to set up camp for free.

“I find it extremely frustrating and upsetting,” said Colleen Owens, a spokesperson for the Richmond Tea Party. “It is definitely a slap in the face.”

Owens is demanding a refund of about $10,000 from the city of Richmond, claiming her group was charged for rallies at Kanawha Plaza but the Occupy protesters have not been charged.

“We’ve had to pay for the police, the sanitation, we had to pay for emergency personnel, and we event had to buy a $1 million liability policy,” Owens told Fox News.

She said it was unfair that the protesters have been allowed to essentially break the law by setting up camp in the city park.
    http://radio.foxnews.com//toddstarne...tea-party.html

Doesn't suprise me in the least bit. Everyone of those cities are ran by Dems.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

http://radio.foxnews.com//toddstarne...tea-party.html

Doesn't suprise me in the least bit. Everyone of those cities are ran by Dems.
    I think its more greed then anything, they know tea partiers have jobs while the flea baggers do not. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I think its more greed then anything, they know tea partiers have jobs while the flea baggers do not. :D
    Nice!:D

The flea baggers do have money. They have half a million in donations. I hope the Tea Party sues each city for their money back plus interest. The double standard should not be tolerated. If the cities don't charge the filthy ones, it is wrong.:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Nice!:D

The flea baggers do have money. They have half a million in donations. I hope the Tea Party sues each city for their money back plus interest. The double standard should not be tolerated. If the cities don't charge the filthy ones, it is wrong.:mad:
    I forget who coined that phrase but I want it to go global