1. #1 M Moore lies on National TV about his wealth, is part of the "1%" 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...l-moore-admits

After Lying About His Wealth on National TV, Michael Moore Admits He's A One Percenter

By Noel Sheppard | October 28, 2011 | 14:40

On Wednesday NewsBusters exposed Occupy Wall Street supporter Michael Moore for lying on national television about his wealth.

Clearly feeling the pressure to come clean, the schlockumentary filmmaker took to his blog Thursday to set the record straight - kind of:

Twenty-two years ago this coming Tuesday, I stood with a group of factory workers, students and the unemployed in the middle of the downtown of my birthplace, Flint, Michigan, to announce that the Hollywood studio, Warner Bros., had purchased the world rights to distribute my first movie, 'Roger & Me.' A reporter asked me, "How much did you sell it for?"

"Three million dollars!" I proudly exclaimed. A cheer went up from the union guys surrounding me. It was absolutely unheard of for one of us in the working class of Flint (or anywhere) to receive such a sum of money unless one of us had either robbed a bank or, by luck, won the Michigan lottery.
    After all, in 2005, Peter Schweizer in his book "Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy" included a copy of Moore's schedule D from one of his tax filings showing that the schlockumentarian at one point owned almost 2,000 shares of Boeing, nearly 1,000 shares of Sonoco, more than 4,000 shares of Best Foods, more than 3,000 shares of Eli Lilly, more than 8,000 shares of Bank One, and more than 2,000 shares of Halliburton.

As Schweizer told MSNBC's Joe Scarborough on November 3, 2005:

PETER SCHWEIZER: Well, Michael Moore has said at least half-a-dozen times, I don`t own a single share of stock, because he considers investing in the stock market to be dirty money.

Well, I guess he is technically correct. He doesn`t own a single share of stock. He owns tens of thousands of shares of stock. And what is interesting is, is looking at the portfolio.

Michael Moore, yes, the same Michael Moore, owns shares in defense contractors like Boeing. He owns...

(CROSSTALK)

JOE SCARBOROUGH: No. Well, hold -- hold on. No way. You are telling me...

SCHWEIZER: Yes.

SCARBOROUGH: ... that Mr. "Fahrenheit 9/11" profits off of the war, because Boeing profits off the war, that he despises?

SCHWEIZER: Yes, that`s exactly right. He owns shares in Honeywell.

And, believe it or not, Joe -- it`s on the back cover of the book -- he, in recent years, has owned shares in Halliburton, the Darth Vader of corporate America.

SCARBOROUGH: OK. Hold on. I got to stop you, Peter...

(LAUGHTER)

SCARBOROUGH: ... because this guy said that he doesn`t invest on Wall Street. Are you telling me that he just is just lying to us?

SCHWEIZER: It`s a flat, bald-faced lie. When he says that he doesn`t own shares, I pulled IRS forms from a tax shelter of his. And he has hundreds of thousands of dollars on the stock market.

Right now, for example, he is preparing a film on pharmaceutical companies, attacking the health care industry. In recent years, he has owned shares in Tenet Healthcare, which runs HMOs, Pfizer, and Eli Lilly. He is a complete hypocrite on this front.
    Just something we've all known for years, but nice to know for sure now :D

Link to his blog
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    OMG...and here I thought MM only invested in Rainbows & Ponies!!!!:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

He has a house on Torch Lake. Property on Torch Lake is more expensive than even property on Lake Michigan (although I would prefer the latter). Not to mention that anything built on Torch Lake after around 1985 or so is a tacky McMansion. The cool homes up there are the rustic cottages with feldstone fireplaces.

The entire OWS movement is a lie. Why rail against corporate CEO's when Hollywood actors, movie makers, and pro athletes, most of whom are decidedly left, make considerably more and live a more affluent and spend free lifestyles than any CEO could ever dream to do? Reason? Politics. Nothing more, nothing less. It's OK to be wealthy as long as your political ideology jibes with the leftist moonbats.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    OMG...and here I thought MM only invested in Rainbows & Ponies!!!!:D
    The only rainbows Moore the Hutt would invest in is Skittles candy...

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf