Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Did you believe Michael Jackson?
    He is dead, I don't believe a word he can't say.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

That is not the corporate definition of sexual harassment these days. Once my boss warned me that I could be accused of sexual harassment by a female co-worker. Astounded, I said, "She knows I am gay and so do you." The boss said it didn't matter. What duh fuh? I thought sexual harassment was a term with a meaning, it isn't.

Years ago, a columnist for the St Pete Times wrote an article about what was then a storm of sexual harassment allegations. He said that the current rules and laws amount to driving down a residential street where each homeowner gets to decide the speed limit in front of his house.
    This was 21 years ago, not "these days".
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This was 21 years ago, not "these days".
    My references were to 15 years ago. It's been the same for a while now. The problem, if I may be forgiven, is that the habitually offended are driving the bus in the employment work. That might explain why at Megabank, of the 1500 or so employees in Tampa Center, men were in the minority, white men were in the severe minority. Around here, most white men would rather shovel shit than put up with corporate shit.

Your compairing someone who was so fucked in the head that they underwent drastic cosmetic surgery to change their skin color, to Herman Cain?

Dude... just slow down a minute.

Hermain Cain did not admit to giving those women some "Jesus Juice". He was not fucked in the head. He did not have them spend the night alone in his house. Hell, the accusers won't even give details.

Your attempt at comparison is beyond lame man.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

This sexaul harrassment story will be the least of his worries....... There is now a story breaking about possibly giving campaign funding to a for profit organization he's involved in. If this has legs, it will be major damage control for him

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archive..._update_ii.php
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    This sexaul harrassment story will be the least of his worries....... There is now a story breaking about possibly giving campaign funding to a for profit organization he's involved in. If this has legs, it will be major damage control for him

Huh?

The story says a not-for-profit was giving funds for his campaign. Thats like the exact opposite of what you said.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I didn't believe his accusers. The first one has come out since Michael's death and stated that his parents put him up to saying that Jackson molested him. That was the case in which he settled with the parents for millions. He was aquitted on the other case.

I think everything about Michael Jackson's life and death is sad beyond belief. If ever there is an example of how money can't buy you love, his life is it.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

Your attempt at comparison is beyond lame man.
    My post questioned two points of your post, ie that people with money sometimes settle rather than fight to save money or hassle and you followed up that you believe Herman Cain. It's not lame to connect the same dots you did and then ask if you applied those dots to another case of alleged sexual harassment.

I would add that Michael Jackson was acquitted, so that would give you even more reason to believe him, but you want to believe Cain exactly why? Because you think he's an honorable man or because he's successful? Any other day, wouldn't people be lining up to speculate on what role affirmative action played in his success? Why is he getting a pass on so much?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post

Wait, the sexual harassment allegation will be turned around and those who dug it up with be accused of racism for trying to tar the black man with a sexual offense. Cain himself doesn't seem to want to have his signature on that one, as Obama avoided in his campaign as well. It has to come from the organized fringe so it won't be "the race card".

This is right out of the Liberal's playbook. If they can't use the race card, they use the sex card. They have no choice because they are morally and intellectually bankrupt.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)