Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Huh?

The story says a not-for-profit was giving funds for his campaign. Thats like the exact opposite of what you said.
    Right...left out the not accidentally..sorry.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Years ago, a columnist for the St Pete Times wrote an article about what was then a storm of sexual harassment allegations. He said that the current rules and laws amount to driving down a residential street where each homeowner gets to decide the speed limit in front of his house.
    That's the essence of it all. This is the age when somebody can sue his neighbor for damages for letting leaves drop in his yard. It's "...we're a nation of laws..." run amuk!

Laws yes, but there needs to be a limit as to what and how to apply them.........but someone left common sense at the door.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

My references were to 15 years ago. It's been the same for a while now. The problem, if I may be forgiven, is that the habitually offended are driving the bus in the employment work. That might explain why at Megabank, of the 1500 or so employees in Tampa Center, men were in the minority, white men were in the severe minority. Around here, most white men would rather shovel shit than put up with corporate shit.
    I knew a guy... cool guy, good guy. His supervisor (female) asked him out, and he turned it down. She accused him of sexual harassment. I urged him to come out of the closet as bisexual to up the ante, calling her a bi basher.

He didn't.

He was fired and moved back to Jersey.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Did you believe Michael Jackson?

You gotta stop making your straw man so obvious.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    He was fired and moved back to Jersey.....~QC
    Dang, short of going out with Helen Thomas, I probably would have taken her to lunch........don't know about Denny's the next morning, but lunch, for sure...:D

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Dang, short of going out with Helen Thomas, I probably would have taken her to lunch........don't know about Denny's the next morning, but lunch, for sure...:D
    He had a girlfriend, so...yeah... and even SHE was telling him to come out to save his job. I understand why he wouldn't, but for me, any opportunity to turn PC bullshit back on itself is ALWAYS lulz. :)

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My definition of sexual harrassment is pretty specific:

1. Did it involve touching your body? That's an automatic.
    2. Was your job on the line if you refused to go along with dirty language or speech, or proposed activities?
    3. Were sexual comments used to humiliate you in a professional setting?

In other words, if a male boss tells me "You look nice today", it is not sexual harrassment. If he tells me I look "hot", it's pushing the limits (unless he's gay, or someone I know really well). If he tells me "You look hot, meet me at the Motel 6 after work if you want to keep your job", it's time for me to call a lawyer.
    As a labor attorney in the past, #3 is extremely rare, though it does happen. Most commonly the complaints come up because a supervisor tells jokes to which the employee takes exception, uses coarser language than the complainant likes, is a 'Touchy' person, or it's a stalking horse for other issues like they just aren't getting along or the employee is not doing that well and launches a pre-emptive strike.

90% of the time the employee sees it one way and the manager the other, and neither one is objectively right or wrong. Sometimes (About as rarely as 'Come up to my room or lose your job') it's even a scam, especially if the employee is buds with the complaint manager in HR who will settle it quickly (Or HR is chicken, or the complaints manager has issues where he or she will believe any allegation of a certain type due to their own baggage).

It's entirely possible Herman Cain really doesn't have any idea the employer settled or for how much, an employer isn't obligated to get the manager to sign off on a settlement, or even tell him about the complaint at all, if they just want to settle it for as little and as quickly as possible.

We had an African-American female officer at one unit that I belonged to who thoroughly abused the EO and IG systems. She was incompetent and highly unpleasant to co-workers of all grades, and she did next to nothing on the job, but she understood the system. If the person asking her to do her job was white, they were racist. If male, sexist. If neither, then there was some other form of animus that she would determine was in play. At one point, she had complaints going against just about everybody in the headquarters except for the CG and his aide.

The worst part about her was that every charge had to be run down, no matter how much time it took, which meant that the IG and EO officers spent more time on her bogus drivel than they did on legitimate cases, which backlogged the system and delayed the resolution of real complaints.

So, the question is, are these charges real or fake? The MSM doesn't exactly have a stellar track record when it comes to fair and honest discussions of the pasts of Republican candidates for office, or bothering to check out the pasts of Democratic candidates.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    He had a girlfriend, so...yeah... and even SHE was telling him to come out to save his job. I understand why he wouldn't, but for me, any opportunity to turn PC bullshit back on itself is ALWAYS lulz. :)

~QC
    I had someone at Megabank try to PC-slap me for saying "... all this goddamned paperwork".

"Nova, you shouldn't say that, someone might be offended."

My response was, "Really? I'm offended at your disrespect for my culture in which "god damned" is a meaningless exclamatory... and so is "fuck off"."

Same woman who claimed she was a vegetarian but shrimp were honorary vegetables, and when I made a vegetarian pasta for cover dish, specifically for her, she asked if it was Vegan. That time I simply said, "Don't know, don't care, don't eat if you don't want to."

Oh, and the time a woman was having dangerous surgery for back pain, and I suggested that she might try losing 50 pounds first to see how she feels, and in the worst case to make her recovery easier. Apparently she got her tits in a wringer over that one.

Seriously, if you can't take the heat, get out of Hiroshima.

i hope this isn't even a blip on the radar. I do not want anything to derail Cain's GOP candidacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.