Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Irony of #OccupyWallStreet 
    It's quite ironic when "Occupiers" are out there whining that they don't have jobs when right behind them looms construction sites in which there is a shortage of workers! Not only is there a shortage of able bodied construction workers, but with underhanded wage theft, the hiring of illegal workers, and employee misclassification, construction companies (and many other companies) are not being held responsible for their unethical practices!

http://constructioncitizen.com/blog/...i-park/1110271

"Occupiers" need to get off the street and stop only complaining about big corporations! Greed and unethical practices can be found everywhere! Quit griping and actually do something about the problem!!

I saw on another forum where a guy was requesting blankets, jackets, heating lamps, etc to keep the protesters warm... NO, we will absolutely not spend our hard-earned money on supplies so you can continue to clog (and litter for that matter) our streets with your complaining! What are you actually accomplishing?!

The OWSers are allergic to work.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Stop demanding handouts and get back to looking for a job!

Here's one that went to work...ON WALL STREET!

Occupier Gets Occupation

... She held signs that read, “Reagan sucks,” and, “I’ll vote after the revolution.”

But she said she still needed to get a real job. So she made a new sign.

On the front, she wrote, “Ph.D. Biomedical Scientist seeking full time employment,” and on the back, “Ask me for my resume.”

It caught the eye of Wayne Kaufman, chief market analyst for John Thomas Financial Brokerage. The exec wasn’t looking to hire, but he took Postert’s résumé anyway.

... Her last paying job was as a lab assistant at Touro College making $2,500 for the one semester she worked there, she said.

Kaufman offered her a job as a junior analyst evaluating medical companies as potential investments.

Postert said the decision to accept was painful. (Yeah...Tough decision.)

But practicality won out.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...psWB60rSMhcEgP
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by THE Gypsy View Post
    Here's one that went to work...ON WALL STREET!

Occupier Gets Occupation

... She held signs that read, “Reagan sucks,” and, “I’ll vote after the revolution.”

But she said she still needed to get a real job. So she made a new sign.

On the front, she wrote, “Ph.D. Biomedical Scientist seeking full time employment,” and on the back, “Ask me for my resume.”

It caught the eye of Wayne Kaufman, chief market analyst for John Thomas Financial Brokerage. The exec wasn’t looking to hire, but he took Postert’s résumé anyway.

... Her last paying job was as a lab assistant at Touro College making $2,500 for the one semester she worked there, she said.

Kaufman offered her a job as a junior analyst evaluating medical companies as potential investments.

Postert said the decision to accept was painful. (Yeah...Tough decision.)

But practicality won out.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...psWB60rSMhcEgP
    Then she's a hypocrite. No other word for it. If she was truly a woman of principles, she would have told that man to stick it but she didn't.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Then she's a hypocrite. No other word for it. If she was truly a woman of principles, she would have told that man to stick it but she didn't.

That's true. I guess if you're hungry enough the growling belly will win over "principles".
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Postert said the decision to accept was painful
    I love it when they sell out to "The Man".

I wonder if she's on LinkedIn. I'd like to add her to my professional network. :D

Libs have no principles, they are pure pragmatics. Therefore, no hypocrisy. That's why they can shift gears constantly.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by dgtxpride View Post
    It's quite ironic when "Occupiers" are out there whining that they don't have jobs when right behind them looms construction sites in which there is a shortage of workers! Not only is there a shortage of able bodied construction workers, but with underhanded wage theft, the hiring of illegal workers, and employee misclassification, construction companies (and many other companies) are not being held responsible for their unethical practices!

http://constructioncitizen.com/blog/...i-park/1110271

"Occupiers" need to get off the street and stop only complaining about big corporations! Greed and unethical practices can be found everywhere! Quit griping and actually do something about the problem!!

I saw on another forum where a guy was requesting blankets, jackets, heating lamps, etc to keep the protesters warm... NO, we will absolutely not spend our hard-earned money on supplies so you can continue to clog (and litter for that matter) our streets with your complaining! What are you actually accomplishing?!
    Construction jobs can pay well, particularly if they are union. But such jobs may be beneath the station of these titty babies. They just aren't hungry enough or they would shut up and go to work supporting themselves for a change.

Goes to show you what will happen when/if the economy gets back up to operating temperature.

And it also indicates what may happen if it doesn't.