Thread: Herman Cain: The Attacks On Me Are Racially Motivated

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Herman Cain: The Attacks On Me Are Racially Motivated 
    On FOX News' "Special Report" tonight presidential candidate Herman Cain told the panel, after being asked, that he believes the charge of sexual harassment against him has to do with his race.

Charles Krauthammer: "Mr. Cain, when Clarence Thomas was near to achieving position of high authority, he was hit with a sexual harassment charge. You contending for presidency, the office of highest authority, leading in the polls for the Republican nomination, all of the sudden get hit with a sexual harassment charge. Do you think that race, being a strong black conservative, has anything to do with the fact you've been so charged? And if so, do you have any evidence to support that?"

Herman Cain: "I believe the answer is yes, but we do not have any evidence to support it. But because I am an unconventional candidate running an unconventional campaign and achieving some unexpected unconventional results in terms of my -- the poll. We believe that yes, there are some people who are Democrats, liberals who do not want to see me win the nomination. And there could be some people on the right who don't want to see me -- because I'm not the
    'establishment candidate.' No evidence."

"Relative to the left, I believe that race is a bigger driving factor. I don't think it's a driving factor on the right. This is just based upon our speculation," Mr. Cain also said.
    More at link>http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...motivated.html
    True or not, I wish he wouldn't go down this road.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Yeah, this has got to be his weakest, and most dissapointing point, in my eyes.

He should just leave race at the door. Don't even bring it up, and if someone else does, just tell them it's not something he's there to talk about.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Here's where I disagree with some: I think Cain is a big enough man to leave race at the door...but I admire him for bringing up the hypocrasy of the leftist morons who place race into every conversation. The idea of a (dreaded) BLACK republican candidate! The Horror!

I could care less about race/color/creed/religion/sexual preference/etc, etc, etc. I'd vote for an Albino Chinese Athiest Lesbian if they were a principled Conservative/Libertarian. But in beating the Left at their own game, I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hope Cain is our man, not only because he's qualified but for the simple fact that it'll cause lefty heads to explode when the Tea Party bangs the drum for a black man! :eek:
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

I join the group who wishes he had not gone down this road. It would be better if he simply had said he had no idea what motivations were behind it. Because he doesn't.

What's wrong with pointing out the 500lb gorilla in the room?

This has EVERYTHING to do with race. Just like it did with Justice Thomas.

If Cain had been a Liberal this would have never come up.

But here you've got what the Dem establishment looks at as an "uppity Negro" who has dared to stand against the two "icons" of the Democrat Party Bill Clinton and Barack Obama on two separate occasions.

The so called tolerant big tent Libs can't let this act of insubordination stand so they've got to try and put Cain in his "place".

There is no other explanation for why this is happening.

The Libs always attack that which they fear the most. If this was such a big explosive issue...why didn't it come out when Cain was just declaring his candidacy or at any other time in the last year when he wasn't considered a serious threat?

Why wait until he's ahead in the polls leading in the key states to do this?

This is a hit job the "high tech lynching" that Cain said would happen and that he was ready for.

Don't be scare to point out that race has something to do with this...do the same thing to the Dems that they did and do to us when we criticize Obama....

Call them racist.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    Last night a black man (sorry, don't know who he was) from the Family Research Council said he couldn't condone "playing the race card" by a conservative any more than he could by a liberal. This may be the first time I've agreed with someone from the Family Research Council. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I don't see him "playing the race card" as much as he's pointing out the fact that the left is against him. Have you guy's listened to the crap that has come out of the MSM this past weekend and since the "story" about the sexual harassment? It's pretty disgusting, crap like "He's a black man that knows his place". What he should have done is pointed directly to these comments and named names on WHO is saying them. Then say that this crap has no place in American Politics in 2011. Then people might wake up and see the hypocrisy of the left (not that I see the MSM changing their tactics at all)
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I don't see him "playing the race card" as much as he's pointing out the fact that the left is against him. Have you guy's listened to the crap that has come out of the MSM this past weekend and since the "story" about the sexual harassment? It's pretty disgusting, crap like "He's a black man that knows his place". What he should have done is pointed directly to these comments and named names on WHO is saying them. Then say that this crap has no place in American Politics in 2011. Then people might wake up and see the hypocrisy of the left (not that I see the MSM changing their tactics at all)
    QFT
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    What he has said so far is minor and if it goes no further than that it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 11-02-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What he has said so far is minor and if it goes no further than that it doesn't matter.
    true, but there is plenty of evidence, all they have to do is pick through the quotes that Rush plays and then lay them out.

I'm just sick of GOP candidates pussyfooting around this stuff and not taking the fight directly to them. I do admire Cain for standing up to the stupid harassment and saying there was nothing to it in the way he did.

On this subject though the MSM is doing exactly what they accused the Right of doing in 2008 and the TEA Party since then. It's crap and needs to be addressed by the candidates, especially Cain who it's being directed toward
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry