Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Yahoo-Can Herman Cain Actually Win the GOP Nomination? 
    Can He?

The usual media drivel, but this line jumped out at me...
    The real question about Cain is whether he can convince enough voters that he is running a serious campaign – and that his lack of political and policy experience wouldn’t put him at a insurmountable disadvantage against President Obama in the general election.
    Did they bother asking this of Obama during his run? O's experience was getting elected and voting "present" in Illinois, and then getting elected to the US Senate in time to announce his run for the president. Now he has almost three years of bad policies that did get passed and failure to pass more once his party lost their supermajority in Congress. Frankly, lack of political experience is a plus in this election, since the people are getting sick of politics as usual from both sides.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

I think that whole 'inexperienced' thing is something that politicians use against one another and the press loves to wave around, but not something that voters take very seriously.

The media, especially the leftist media machine, are hypocrites by nature. Remember the 2008 campaign and the Charlie Gibson interviews with Palin and Obama? Here were the questions asked Sarah Palin:
    "Do you have enough qualifications for the job you're seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?
    Aren't you conceited to be seeking this high level job?
    Questions about foreign policy
    -territorial integrity of Georgia
    -allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO
    -NATO treaty
    -Iranian nuclear threat
    -what to do if Israel attacks Iran
    -Al Qaeda motivations
    -the Bush Doctrine
    -attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan
    Is America fighting a holy war?"
    And then Gibson's questions to Obama:
    "How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?
    How does it feel to "win"?
    How does your family feel about your "winning" breaking a glass ceiling?
    Who will be your VP?
    Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?
    Will you accept public finance?
    What issues is your campaign about?
    Will you visit Iraq?
    Will you debate McCain at a town hall?
    What did you think of your competitor's [Clinton] speech?"
    Now, notice the question to Palin about foreign policy and yet he didn't ask the same of Obama? To the MSM, being a community organizer makes you more qualified to be president than someone who actually governed something.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

It's very simple.

Mitt Romney will be the Republican nominee. That's just how it is.
    Everyone here (except maybe 2 or 3 libertarians) will go to the polls and vote for Romney. That's just how it is.

I really hope Cain gets nominated but I don't think the universe can handle that much comedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

I really hope Cain gets nominated but I don't think the universe can handle that much comedy.
    Explain?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Sure it can...just look at the fiasco that is the OWS movement. Comedy wise it eclipses anything else.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

It's very simple.

Mitt Romney will be the Republican nominee. That's just how it is.............
    Write that down somewhere so that you can see it every morning. I don't know whether you are right or wrong, but I just love it when someone - anyone - predicts the future with such smug certainty.

The upcoming selection of the Republican candidate seems 'simple' to you? You must be vewy, vewy smart....:)

Personality i am undecided about Cain.

On the one hand i would love to have a black candidate on the GOP side just to rub it in the liberals face.
    Also Cain is a great businessman who has succesfully grown a business from nothing into a major player in the pizza market. He has also helped individual pizza shop owners become profitable. This tells me he really understands both large and small business. I also believe that he is a no-nonsense type of guy and i LOVE that.
    It is my belief that he is the most conservative candidate on the GOP side also. i love some of his tax ideas

However, this consumption tax idea scares me... I am afraid of two things
    the first is that we will end up having two types of federal taxes income taxes and consumption taxes.

Second a compsumption tax will slow down economic growth as validated by basic economic theory and two it also adds costs to business as now they have to maintain more records and become more burdened by government.
    In the end, i wish Cain would get off his comsumption tax idea and if he did that he would become my number one candidate.

This being said, i will definetely be voting for whomever the GOP puts up because any of those people are so much better then Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    I think that whole 'inexperienced' thing is something that politicians use against one another and the press loves to wave around, but not something that voters take very seriously.
    Personally, I view political inexperience as an asset to a candidate. It means they aren't a cog in the bureaucratic machine yet. That's one reason why I like Cain. He's not perfect, but we need fewer career politicians if there is any hope of getting out of this mess without an outright real overthrow.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cseeman View Post

Second a compsumption tax will slow down economic growth as validated by basic economic theory and two it also adds costs to business as now they have to maintain more records and become more burdened by government.
    In the end, i wish Cain would get off his comsumption tax idea and if he did that he would become my number one candidate.
    no it wont, not when every other tax is throw out the door except 2 (at a Federal Level) prices will at lest stay the same if not come down because they wont have to pass on all the other taxes.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry