Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Four lily white people beating up a black guy for looking at women the wrong way? Sounds like a classic lynching to me. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I join the group who wishes he had not gone down this road. It would be better if he simply had said he had no idea what motivations were behind it. Because he doesn't.

Politics and money are likely the motivations behind the attack. If the people attacking him are doing so for racial reasons, it should be exposed as such. But my guess is that this is coming from the campaign of one of the other GOP candidates. Probably Romney's campaign, since Perry and Bachman are toast, and Cain has made a lot of gains in the polls over Romney of late.

I am not making judgments on Cain and these allegations based on what I have seen and heard so far, other than to note that he has changed his story at least once that I'm aware of. The Today Show reported this morning that one of the women involved can't tell her story because part of her settlement involved a confidentiality clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    True or not, I wish he wouldn't go down this road.

Yep. More likely to be politically motivated than racially. I'm really disappointed he's trying to play the race card.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Yep. More likely to be politically motivated than racially. I'm really disappointed he's trying to play the race card.
    To be fair, the card was placed on the table by members of the right-side punditry.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    To be fair, the card was placed on the table by members of the right-side punditry.
    again, you didn't listen to anything said by the left-wing punditry either who have basically been calling Cain an "Uncle Tom"
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Cain is getting it from both the left and the moderate wing of the Republican Party, but given that the left has a history of virulent racism, it's hard not to see this as a typical attempt at "putting him in his place".

November 2, 2011
    Four Lily White Liberals Smear a Black Man
    By Peter Heck

Just as Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain predicted, he has become the most recent victim of the race-baiting left's high-tech lynching of prominent, conservative black men. Days before the Cain sexual harassment smear emerged from the sewers of liberal trash journalism, MSNBC's Martin Bashir hosted contributor Karen Finney who proclaimed that conservatives only liked Cain because, "they think he's a black man who knows his place." As Bashir actually thanked her on-air for making such an offensive and ignorant remark (far from being a submissive position, conservatives are supporting Cain in his effort to ascend to the highest office in the land), Finney granted, "I know that's harsh, but that's how it sure seems to me."

That's an interesting moment of candor since it now sure seems to any American paying attention that Finney and her fellow liberals dislike Cain because they think he's a black man who doesn't know his place. Diversity of thought amongst minorities -- particularly blacks -- is forbidden in the church of liberalism. Having constructed their entire political kingdom on the back of the dollars-for-votes dependency model, self-made black men who stray from the liberal plantation and threaten to carry the empowering message of personal (not government) reliance to throngs of minorities currently under the left's spell of entitlement, must be dealt with severely. Destroying them professionally and personally is a small price to pay to keep the plantation thriving.

And so, with that greater good in mind, four lily white liberals (Jonathan Martin, Maggie Haberman, Anna Palmer and Kenneth Vogel) authored a hit piece on the prominent conservative businessman in a desperate attempt to smear him out of contention for the Republican presidential nomination. This gutter politics is proof positive of what I've held for a long time: if you want to catch a modern day glimpse of old school white-on-black racism, behold the way white liberals treat black conservatives.

The racial motivations in this particular story cannot be missed. This is, after all, the same political movement that scolded anyone who dared suggest that the serial infidelity and alleged sexual assaults committed by white liberal Bill Clinton were relevant to his pursuit of the presidency.

And this is the same political movement that was so disinterested in the adultery of white liberal John Edwards who fathered a child with a campaign worker while his wife was losing her fight with cancer, that the National Enquirer tabloid out-scooped them. And even as late as June of this year, while Edwards faced criminal indictment for his attempts to illegally cover-up the scandal, fellow white liberals like Chris Matthews continued to defend him, suggesting that his prosecution was, "one of those [politically motivated] things you read about in third world countries."

And this is the same political movement that yawned at the sexual predilections and cell phone dalliances of white liberal Anthony Weiner, eagerly defending him from the "savagery" of conservative media types like Andrew Breitbart.

Yet this same movement that had to catapult itself over mountains of evidence in order to ignore the indiscretions of those white liberals enthusiastically skewered a black conservative based on the flimsy and unsubstantiated testimony of undisclosed sources. The case against Cain was so weak that after bringing the accusation, the lead author of the smear, white liberal Jonathan Martin, hilariously suggested on national television that it was Cain's responsibility -- not his -- to explain the accusation. This embarrassing performance didn't earn him skepticism and scorn from his fellow white liberals like Chris Matthews. Rather, Matthews congratulated him on breaking the story.

Martin's colleague at the now forever tarnished website Politico, Mike Allen, only added to the pathetic transparency of this racial attack when he appeared on another MSNBC program, "Morning Joe." Asked if Politico could cite any evidence beyond the allegation that Cain had made gestures "that were not overtly sexual but that made women uncomfortable," Allen ecstatically announced that their story had, "48,000 mentions" on the social media rumor mill Twitter. The anatomy of a smear: the evidence is irrelevant...all that matters is that the accusation spreads.

The attack on Cain certainly isn't the first of its kind. The original high-tech lynching of conservative Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas for the same stereotypical allegations, the constant attacks on "Uncle Tom" economists Thomas Sowell and Walter E. Williams, the belligerent nastiness directed at self-proclaimed welfare brat turned conservative champion Star Parker, and the persistent threats faced by tea-party Congressman Allen West all stand as stark depictions of the regard liberals have for blacks who dare to think differently than them.

If nothing else, at least we now know what PBS's Tavis Smiley meant several months ago when he promised this election would be "the most racist in the history of this Republic." The left is seeing to that.

Peter is a public high school government teacher and radio talk show host in central Indiana. Email peter@peterheck.com, visit www.peterheck.com, or like him on Facebook.

Page Printed from: http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...black_man.html at November 02, 2011 - 12:56:31 PM CDT
    Last edited by Odysseus; 11-02-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

He should just deny the allegations and move on unless he's declared guilty.

In light of the history with Clinton and Thomas, I believe this could blow over quickly if it's allowed to.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    What's wrong with pointing out the 500lb gorilla in the room?

This has EVERYTHING to do with race. Just like it did with Justice Thomas.

If Cain had been a Liberal this would have never come up.

But here you've got what the Dem establishment looks at as an "uppity Negro" who has dared to stand against the two "icons" of the Democrat Party Bill Clinton and Barack Obama on two separate occasions.

The so called tolerant big tent Libs can't let this act of insubordination stand so they've got to try and put Cain in his "place".

There is no other explanation for why this is happening.

The Libs always attack that which they fear the most. If this was such a big explosive issue...why didn't it come out when Cain was just declaring his candidacy or at any other time in the last year when he wasn't considered a serious threat?

Why wait until he's ahead in the polls leading in the key states to do this?

This is a hit job the "high tech lynching" that Cain said would happen and that he was ready for.

Don't be scare to point out that race has something to do with this...do the same thing to the Dems that they did and do to us when we criticize Obama....

Call them racist.
    I do agree that if he was a Democrat, then liberals might not say anything. However, somebody might have. Remember Bill Clinton? Suddenly he got accused before his second election. Conservatives were big on pointing it out. Liberals were not. I think this is the same in reverse. The difference is Cain only has one or two people while Clinton probably had the entire female gender accusing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I do agree that if he was a Democrat, then liberals might not say anything. However, somebody might have. Remember Bill Clinton? Suddenly he got accused before his second election. Conservatives were big on pointing it out. Liberals were not. I think this is the same in reverse. The difference is Cain only has one or two people while Clinton probably had the entire female gender accusing him.
    Cain never touched anyone, Clinton was dipping his cigars in women.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I do agree that if he was a Democrat, then liberals might not say anything. However, somebody might have. Remember Bill Clinton? Suddenly he got accused before his second election..........
    Without looking up the dates and so forth to pinpoint exactly what accusation you reference I feel I must call for a time out:

Actually, he got convicted. And disbarred. And saved from removal from office by one vote.

He was "accused" like Richard Nixon.

OK.................Game continues:)