Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The big Cheese
    ahhh bridgy the piggy poo is bored.

why do you people entertain this ugly hog?
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    It costs what it costs, dipshits. Do you think Scrooge McDuck is going to open the money bin to make up the costs of all the high-end environmental compliance you demand? There are only two places it can come from if you want the damn' power, either directly in the rates or indiirectly in your taxes.
    You pay for what you use. If you are using loads of energy, then that gets added on to your bill. It doesn't have to be in rates.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    OK, I'm done making nice. Either you produce hard evidence of specific "rich" people benefiting from "welfare through bailouts" or you shut your troll mouth. Also, go back and look at every post in this forum(yes, all 200K+ of them) and find one post that says that anyone here is in favor of "taxing the crap out of the poor". I'm tired of you making sweeping, baseless accusations. But this is typical of you and your ilk. You are a troll, an idiot, and an asshole who should be banned for trolling.
    Are you really not aware of banks getting bailouts? I would call that welfare.

Truth is while you all scream and scream on behalf of the rich when a tax comes up, you all do not lift one finger for the poor and the middle class in situations like this. It's okay to keep taking their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You pay for what you use. If you are using loads of energy, then that gets added on to your bill. It doesn't have to be in rates.
    HUH?

Your electric bill, and water, and gas, is comprised of connectivity (service availability), consumption (with credits/surcharges where/when applicable), provider construction, maintenance and repair. Oh, and the business taxes on the utility company.

Truth is while you all scream and scream on behalf of the rich when a tax comes up, you all do not lift one finger for the poor and the middle class in situations like this. It's okay to keep taking their money.
    How much do you simply just give to your neighbors each year on a regular basis? Or do you? C'mon, blow your horn........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Are you really not aware of banks getting bailouts? I would call that welfare.

OK, for starters, no one person owns a bank. Banks are owned by a conglomerate of shareholders. Guess what? There are "poor" and middle class people who have bank stock in their 401K's and other pension systems. Also, considering that only 49% of the income earners in this country foot the entire tax bill, chances are the "poor" aren't paying any taxes in the first place. Also, I'm not helping the poor? Are you aware that I have had someone elses child in my house since July? So fuck you you little idealist. You want to help the poor? Go help them. Don't have the government mandate that I do so by force. Get off your little ass and go volunteer somewhere or cook something and bring it to a needy family or whatever. That's the thing with you little leftist idealists, you're all mouth and no action.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    OK, for starters, no one person owns a bank. Banks are owned by a conglomerate of shareholders. Guess what? There are "poor" and middle class people who have bank stock in their 401K's and other pension systems. Also, considering that only 49% of the income earners in this country foot the entire tax bill, chances are the "poor" aren't paying any taxes in the first place. Also, I'm not helping the poor? Are you aware that I have had someone elses child in my house since July? So fuck you you little idealist. You want to help the poor? Go help them. Don't have the government mandate that I do so by force. Get off your little ass and go volunteer somewhere or cook something and bring it to a needy family or whatever. That's the thing with you little leftist idealists, you're all mouth and no action.
    What makes you believe I don't do any work for the poor? Just because I do help the poor on my spare time doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about where the tax money goes. Why should only conservatives have an opinion on it? You all make liberals pay for war, the death penalty, and other things they object to. So liberals think some of the money should go toward helping the poor. Oh, the horror!

And I didn't say you personally don't help anybody who is poor. You did on the other hand just accuse me of that because you don't agree with my politics. Projection much?

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Lan you ever do any research on what you post?

In 1991, Duke Energy increased rates by 4.1 percent.

Rates stayed flat for 16 years until they dropped a total of seven percent in 2007-2008.

In 2010, Duke Energy's rates increased eight percent, which was phased in over two years.
    So over all from the last 20 years they have only seen a price increase of 5.1%

Has the cost of fuel for this plant stayed the same?

No.

Has their Union employees not seen a single pay raise in this time?

Hell no.

Has their Union benefits not improved in this time?

Hell yes

Now with rising cost they are asking for almost a 20% increase. Steep by any measure, but lets look closer.

The Director of the Electric Division of the Public Staff of the Utilities Commission, James McLawhorn, said they're not aware of any time Duke Energy has been given 100 percent of the increase it proposed.
    So they ask for about 20%, knowing they wont get it. They negotiate it down to what is likely about a 4-6% increase. And spread it out over 2 years or longer.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Lan you ever do any research on what you post?

So over all from the last 20 years they have only seen a price increase of 5.1%

Has the cost of fuel for this plant stayed the same?

No.

Has their Union employees not seen a single pay raise in this time?

Hell no.

Has their Union benefits not improved in this time?

Hell yes

Now with rising cost they are asking for almost a 20% increase. Steep by any measure, but lets look closer.

So they ask for about 20%, knowing they wont get it. They negotiate it down to what is likely about a 4-6% increase. And spread it out over 2 years or longer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

What makes you believe I don't do any work for the poor? Just because I do help the poor on my spare time doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about where the tax money goes. Why should only conservatives have an opinion on it? You all make liberals pay for war, the death penalty, and other things they object to. So liberals think some of the money should go toward helping the poor. Oh, the horror!

And I didn't say you personally don't help anybody who is poor. You did on the other hand just accuse me of that because you don't agree with my politics. Projection much?
    Between war and welfare, which one is in the U.S. Constitution?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever read, even on the internet. Are you sure you aren't EFerrari's sockpuppet? How do you think the bottom-line number in your bill is generated?

Hint: Power used (KWH) X rate ($/KWH) + miscellaneous stupid taxes and charges ($) = Your bill ($)