Results 1 to 10 of 17
#1 Demonstrators gear up for Oakland strike as protests continue11-02-2011, 05:16 PM
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 3:40 PM EST, Wed November 2, 2011
(CNN) -- Demonstrators in Oakland, California, are expected to engage in a citywide strike Wednesday as the Occupy movement continues to stretch across the country and well into its second month.
Organizer Tim Simons called the move a "warning shot to the 1%."
The 1% is a reference to the nation's wealthiest, whom demonstrators say hold inordinate sway over the remaining 99% of the population.
"Today, we're going to take that back," he told CNN, explaining that the group is mostly angry at the "big banks."
These people are just retarded.May the FORCE be with you!
11-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Fire everyone who goes on "strike" and then higher a whole bunch of the homeless people the occupy people don't want to share their food with.In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.
In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
11-02-2011, 05:35 PM
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
I would bet that these retarded shitters are going to attack every business open and wreck it until they close, then claim success as another business supports them.
11-02-2011, 05:53 PM
The real fun doesn't start till 7pm tonight. That's when these OWS idiots are going to blockade the entrance to the Port of Oakland to prevent any buisness being done there.Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.
11-02-2011, 11:51 PM
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
Occupy Oakland: Thousands of protesters rally at port
Thousands of Occupy Oakland protesters descended Wednesday night on the Port of Oakland, but police said so far they have made no arrests and that the demonstration had largely been peaceful....
Despite several incidents of vandalism around the downtown area, Jordan said no arrests had been made. He said there has been a minimal police presence among the protesters but that his department was sufficiently prepared to deal with any problems.
Protesters Bring Fifth Busiest U.S. Port to a Standstill
Protesters from the Occupy Oakland movement flooded the California city’s port, the fifth-busiest container-handler in the U.S., shutting it down in a show of strength.
About 4,500 people assembled in a downtown plaza, according to a police estimate, and thousands of demonstrators later marched through the streets, chanting and carrying signs.
“Operations are effectively shut down in the maritime area of the Port of Oakland,” according to a port statement. “Operations will resume when it is safe and secure to do so.”...
Prior to the march on the port, the protests were “largely peaceful, with isolated incidents of vandalism, graffiti and smashed windows,” according to the police statement. “Approximately five businesses have been vandalized, mostly banks and Whole Foods.” No arrests were made. One person was reported hurt by a rock thrown through a window, police said.
Costs of Occupy Oakland on the rise
Oakland's police union has estimated that last week's sweep of the Occupy Oakland encampment - which reestablished itself within days - cost taxpayers more than $1 million.
But Oakland officials say they do not know how much the city spent to take down 150 Occupy tents at Frank Ogawa Plaza on Oct. 25, clean up the place and then block campers from returning that evening....
Following the Oct. 25 police raid, about 20 public works employees spent the day cleaning up the plaza at a cost of roughly $4,000. Public works staff said replacing the lawn at Frank Ogawa Plaza will cost $30,000 alone. <--- Which by now is ruined again.
Rest In Peace America
July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
11-03-2011, 08:07 AM
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
As a general strike, it was a bust. There was no general strike. They only thing the shitters learned is that they can use force to shut down an individual business.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|