1. #1 5 Trapped in Border Tunnel Filled with Sewage 
    The secret border tunnel is believed to connect Mexico to Otay Mesa, a distance of 150 meters
    By R. Stickney
    Wednesday, Nov 2, 2011 | Updated 3:52 PM PDT NBC San Diego

Five people were trapped in a tunnel near the U.S.-Mexico border and had to be rescued early Wednesday.

The four men and one woman were discovered inside the tunnel partly filled with sewage in Otay Mesa. The tunnel is believed to lead to Mexico, which is about 150 meters away.

The five were trapped at a point in the tunnel where a fence made it impossible to get through to the U.S.

U.S. Border Patrol agents used a dog to find the opening in the 9800 block of Via De La Amistad behind a company called Artic Containers.

Agents believe a manhole on the Mexican side is the entrance.

San Diego and Chula Vista firefighters worked for about 45 minutes to dig out the trapped victims, bringing them out one by one.

They then hosed down each person because of their exposure to sewage. The men were stripped to their underwear. The woman was taken behind a tarp where she was hosed off.

All the victims were healthy without any physical injuries, according to Border Patrol.

A robot was sent into the hole to investigate, but it got stuck according to officials.

Border tunnels are not new to the Tijuana-San Diego region. In November 2010, a tunnel running 600 yards under the border was discovered along with nearly 30 tons of pot.

Soon after, a second tunnel was discovered equipped with lighting, ventilation, and a rail system for drugs to be carried on a small cart.

U.S. authorities have discovered more than 125 clandestine tunnels along the Mexican border since the early 1990s, though many were crude and incomplete.

Source: 5 Trapped in Border Tunnel Filled with Sewage | NBC San Diego

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...133067718.html
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I'd left them there as an example for all the other illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I'd left them there as an example for all the other illegals.
    No, you have to rescue people when you can. But, I'd send the government of Mexico a bill for the rescue.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The mistake was in rescuing them. Leave them where they are and barricade all exits. These vermin take these chances knowing that there is a good chance if they get into trouble they'll be rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No, you have to rescue people when you can. But, I'd send the government of Mexico a bill for the rescue.
    Then they know they can be rescued, while if they know they wont in the event of a mishap they might give a second thought about doing it. Sorry have to disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

I like that idea. It's kind of like how Macomb county will only rescue ice fisherman from Lake St. Clair once at no expense. The second time they do it, they bill you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I like that idea. It's kind of like how Macomb county will only rescue ice fisherman from Lake St. Clair once at no expense. The second time they do it, they bill you for it.
    Ya just like all the bills for the MILLIONS of illegals in this country that get paid by Mexico.

No pain is a great teacher not bill collectors

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Ya just like all the bills for the MILLIONS of illegals in this country that get paid by Mexico.

No pain is a great teacher not bill collectors
    If everyone would flush at the same time then they would float right on out of that tunnel,