1. #1 Unhappy campers at OWS: “I’m leaving today because this is no longer safe” 
    Think it’s a worker’s paradise at Occupy Wall Street? Guess again –there’s strife, dissent and violence. Two people who have been at Zuccotti Park from day one discuss how the internal order hasn’t worked for them.

Sage: I’m leaving today, because this is no longer safe. Like, I had somebody–

Q: I’m still recording.

Sage: Sure. I had somebody in our sanitation team take a swing at me. And then I had like three really calm, friendly individuals telling me that they–that they didn’t just take a swing at me. It was, like, I was just…

Channing: Yeah. I had beef with sanitation ’cause they took my s*** down. They took my, like tent thing down that I made.

Sage: Oh, sure, sure, I was just saying that.

Q: But yeah, yeah, all I–

Channing: Yeah, no–they took my stuff. They–I had like a little tarp tent at the end of the park. Their whole thing was they were trying to clean out some of the people that were doing, like, drugs and stuff. But they started with–

Q: Drugs?

Channing: Yeah. Oh, my God. But they started with my tent. And, like, they threw away my toiletries, my food, and, like, a bunch of papers I had, that were really important from the hospital. And then, like, I tried to get them to help me, like, rebuild the tent or something, and they’re like, “We didn’t do it, it wasn’t us,” and I’m like, “I saw you doing it.” Like, I got called from direct action because they doing it.

Q: But I’ve got–

Sage: Yeah, so–

Q: –let me get you to just finish that, because–

Sage: I’m just gonna say the same thing. I don’t call it corruption anymore, ’cause corruption is when a good thing goes bad. And what I think this is–people go, “Oh, they’re so stupid.” No, they’re not. They’re smart, for their purposes, which are not for this camp to function as a community.

Q: Who’s “they”? You say, “they.” What do you mean–who’s “they”?

Sage: Well, once you start pointing fingers, you get–you’re already co-opted.

Q: Well, I mean, just general–I don’t know who you mean. I don’t know who you mean.

Sage: It’s an entire–it’s an entire attitude and community of apathy, and focusing on problems. And focusing on–and I’m a part of it, and that’s why I’m leaving, ’cause I can’t get out of it. Like, just by being here, I’ve started focusing on good things, and then all of a sudden I get integrated.

Q: How long have you been here?

Sage: My name is Sage. I’ve been on the ground since Day One.

Q: Since the 17th [of September].

Sage: Yeah.
    Video here

Like wow.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

That was like painful to like read.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    That was like painful to like read.
    You have to go to a very expensive college to be that fluent. ;)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Like wow.
    "Dude, like don't you understand??? You're co-opted man. I'm going to Starbucks..."

These kids are sooo stupid, I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

All of those camps are full of crime, sexual assaults and drugs.

Reports to the police are not allowed or you will get kicked out of the camp!

These "communities" assume that everyone will work towards the common purposes, they are all nice people. They can come to a common consensus if they can just talk to one another. Human beings aren't like that.