Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    You are on your cycle? :eek::D

I'm special, mine is different. It's unlimited data/internet on my Droid.

I have a droid too.:D
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have a droid too.:D
    I'm going to roast a hog for dinner....:D

Unlimited means unlimited, no matter what the cycle says....they don't charge you if you have my "special" plan.

Did I mention I get 25% off my monthly service?

Rock....

I just looked at the Verizon website without being logged into my account.

They have really jacked up the price on the data plans!

They even offer a 10G plan and a 15G w/hotspot plan

I have unlimited data for $29.99/mo before my discount. I might not change phones for a while. :D

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Check again, you have a 5 gig data limit each month.
    The rep at T Mobile said that the "unlimited" plans are indeed unlimited in the amount of usage, however, when you exceed your "unlimited" tier (2gb 5gb, 10gb) then you lose speed for the rest of the month.

T Mobile has a usage calculator which I think is handy. http://www.t-mobile.com/Tools/MBCalculator.aspx

In reality the 200 MB plan ought to be just about right for me, but on that plan if you go over then you pay overage. It's $10/mo additional to my regular plan (which is a grandfathered plan no longer available which amounts to unlimited talk for me) . For $20/mo I can get a 2gb plan which would let me play in addition to using it for on the spot research.

Of course, it wouldn't be t-mobile without a hitch. The last rep I talked to "strongly suggested" that I get insurance with any smartphone, for $8/mo which would "cover" loss, damage, theft, malfunction. I put "cover" in quotes because there is a $40 deductible. So they want you to pay $96/year for insurance on a phone that you are paying $29 for, and which REQUIRES that you carry a data plan.

So I said, "Well, if something happens to the smartphone, I'll just go back to using my Sony Ericsson." She says that I could so that, but I would still have to pay for the data plan each month, that my new 2 year contract would be for my current plan plus data.

I hate this shit. When will they stop pretending that these phones cost $500? When will they stop this contract shit? When will they stop nickel and diming us? It's as bad as AOL before cable and unlimited internet replaced Always Off Line.

Fabulous Poster
    Unlimited means unlimited, no matter what the cycle says....they don't charge you if you have my "special" plan.

Did I mention I get 25% off my monthly service?
    Some of the corporate plans are indeed unlimited. My cousin's company had a special deal too.

Rock....

I just looked at the Verizon website without being logged into my account.

They have really jacked up the price on the data plans!

They even offer a 10G plan and a 15G w/hotspot plan

I have unlimited data for $29.99/mo before my discount. I might not change phones for a while. :D
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:mad::D
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

The best thing ever was when I was totally lost out in the Mojave desert on my Quad Runner and realized I had no clue how to get back home...it was getting dark and cold....google saved me from the zombies! I rode for a couple hours, mostly at 60 MPH on really nice groomed trails....then it hit me..where am I?

I have an EVO and I absolutely LOVE it. I could no longer function with out it.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The rep at T Mobile said that the "unlimited" plans are indeed unlimited in the amount of usage, however, when you exceed your "unlimited" tier (2gb 5gb, 10gb) then you lose speed for the rest of the month.

T Mobile has a usage calculator which I think is handy. http://www.t-mobile.com/Tools/MBCalculator.aspx

In reality the 200 MB plan ought to be just about right for me, but on that plan if you go over then you pay overage. It's $10/mo additional to my regular plan (which is a grandfathered plan no longer available which amounts to unlimited talk for me) . For $20/mo I can get a 2gb plan which would let me play in addition to using it for on the spot research.

Of course, it wouldn't be t-mobile without a hitch. The last rep I talked to "strongly suggested" that I get insurance with any smartphone, for $8/mo which would "cover" loss, damage, theft, malfunction. I put "cover" in quotes because there is a $40 deductible. So they want you to pay $96/year for insurance on a phone that you are paying $29 for, and which REQUIRES that you carry a data plan.

So I said, "Well, if something happens to the smartphone, I'll just go back to using my Sony Ericsson." She says that I could so that, but I would still have to pay for the data plan each month, that my new 2 year contract would be for my current plan plus data.

I hate this shit. When will they stop pretending that these phones cost $500? When will they stop this contract shit? When will they stop nickel and diming us? It's as bad as AOL before cable and unlimited internet replaced Always Off Line.
    I quit paying the insurance. If you need to use it, you end up paying $50 for a refurbished phone.. I would rather just take my chances...I had insurnace for about the first year, then they tried telling me if I wanted insurance for the second year, it was more money!