Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'll be upgrading sometime in the next few months. Will be getting a Droid. I have other things to sell my soul to before I sell it to Apple.
    The thing about the iPhone is that i know it will be 100% compatible and clever with my macbook. That, and my friend Bubby told me that when he walks into his house, his iPhone automatically sends any photos he has taken to his computer. Now the silliness of that is that I rarely take photos with my phone.

I think I have decided on the Samsung Exhibit (4g front and rear cameras, android, bluetooth, scratchless screen, etc...). It seems to have most of the bells and whistles that matter, isn't the size of a small tv set, and when I played with it tonight in the store (I just happened to be 12 miles out of my way) the salesman said that if I wasn't going to get the $259 Samsung Galaxy 2 II then I might as well get the most bang for the buck, which as it turns out is $29 with contract renewal plus $18 "upgrade fee". T Mobile irritates me, but I really do have a good deal and the coverage is great around here.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I'd love to get one of the new phones but I just can't justify the added cost.

Now that I was forced to retire I can't be a geek anymore...:(:(:D
    Get rid of the landline. I got sick of paying for two phones, and having people call me on the landline and then call me on my cell seconds later and leave messages both places, etc... Now I use cell full time and love it, not to mention it doubles as a Life Alert.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    The Sidekick 4G is a great phone, just wish they would get Droid 2.3 out on it. :(
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The thing about the iPhone is that i know it will be 100% compatible and clever with my macbook. That, and my friend Bubby told me that when he walks into his house, his iPhone automatically sends any photos he has taken to his computer. Now the silliness of that is that I rarely take photos with my phone.

I think I have decided on the Samsung Exhibit (4g front and rear cameras, android, bluetooth, scratchless screen, etc...). It seems to have most of the bells and whistles that matter, isn't the size of a small tv set, and when I played with it tonight in the store (I just happened to be 12 miles out of my way) the salesman said that if I wasn't going to get the $259 Samsung Galaxy 2 II then I might as well get the most bang for the buck, which as it turns out is $29 with contract renewal plus $18 "upgrade fee". T Mobile irritates me, but I really do have a good deal and the coverage is great around here.
    Droid automatically upload all your photo's to your google account (it's just "cloud" no one else has access to them unless you put them on a google+ account or w/e) as soon as you take them...you can then download them directly to your computer
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

I want to get into the Smartphone revolution. My problem is that I live so far in the hills that you have to drive 12 miles to get a signal. My wife and I have flip phones through StraightTalk just so we can have phones away from home. If we get smart phones it has to be through one of the pre-pay services, and they aren't as versatile or cheap that route. So, we'll just have to sit back and wait and see which carrier finally get's a tower down here, then get a contract with them. I doubt I'll live to see it, not enough population to support it, and way to many mountains blocking.

I've had a Android Droid 2 from Verizon with unlimited data for over a year now.

I like it. It's also my GPS and it can be used as a mobile 3G wi-fi hotspot for up to five devices.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 11-05-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I've had a Android Droid 2 from Verizon with unlimited data for over a year now.

I like it. It's also my GPS and it can be used as a mobile 3G wi-fi hotspot for up to five devices.
    Check again, you have a 5 gig data limit each month.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Check again, you have a 5 gig data limit each month.
    No I don't. I promise. That Sprint commercial lied to you! :D

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    No I don't. I promise. That Sprint commercial lied to you! :D
    I have Verizon.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have Verizon.
    You are on your cycle? :eek::D

I'm special, mine is different. It's unlimited data/internet on my Droid.