Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Rick Perry comes out against Confederate flag license plate. 
    Rick Perry comes out against Confederate flag license plate.
    Texas Gov. Rick Perry has come out against the marketing of a Confederate license plate in his state, an issue that could come up again in his bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

"That's just a part of history . . . . You don't need to scrape that wound again," Perry said. "It just doesn't need to happen." <portions snipped>
    Ruh-Roh Raggy

Gee. Wonder what Cain thinks of a Confederate License plate....:D

He keeps not doing himself any good!

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    He keeps not doing himself any good!
    I swear sometimes these guys are running against themselves.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Perry needs to get a clue. Maybe watching this YouTube video, made in 2008, will wake him up. Mr. Edgerton is still carrying the flag today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hPo6mYnks
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Rick Perry comes out against Confederate flag license plate.Ruh-Roh Raggy
    OMG now we absolutely can't vote for him!

Seriously?

WTF People? With all the things that are wrong about Obama...wrong with where this country is going...and with a chance to elect someone who can slow down if not out right reverse the disaster of the last 4 years...you want to nitpick over whether one of our potential nominees didn't approve of a Confederate Flag license plate?

Again I ask WTF?

Do you realize what a field day the media...not to mention Obama and the DNC would have with this in a general election if Perry supported this?
    Last edited by txradioguy; 10-28-2011 at 02:22 AM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

Seriously?

WTF People? With all the things that are wrong about Obama...wrong with where this country is going...and with a chance to elect someone who can slow down if not out right reverse the disaster of the last 4 years...you want to nitpick over whether one of our potential nominees didn't approve of a Confederate Flag license plate?
    You're showing an alarming grasp of perspective. :D
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Seriously?

Again I ask WTF?

Do you realize what a field day the media...not to mention Obama and the DNC would have with this in a general election if Perry supported this?
    I'll take this one further. Why did it even come up? Why put himself in the position to get bashed by either side over such a small issue it shouldn't even be on the President's plate?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'll take this one further. Why did it even come up? Why put himself in the position to get bashed by either side over such a small issue it shouldn't even be on the President's plate?
    IMHO I don't think he did. For all we know he either passed on or vetoed legislation that would have allowed for this...something that would have gone unnoticed any other time.

But he's running for president so someone is gonna go through everything he does regarding the State of Texas with a fine tooth comb hoping to catch any little bit of dirt.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

IMHO I don't think he did. For all we know he either passed on or vetoed legislation that would have allowed for this...something that would have gone unnoticed any other time.

But he's running for president so someone is gonna go through everything he does regarding the State of Texas with a fine tooth comb hoping to catch any little bit of dirt.
    It was brought up in an interview with a Florida news paper.

Reading it though, it seems that this shouldn't even be the issue discussed. What should be is his comment about keeping the "birther movement" alive.

Want to talk about shooting yourself in the foot, thats what would do it.

Edit: Actually I misread that. Apparently he said that in an earlier interview, and then said in this one that he believes the President is a natural born citizen.
    Last edited by djones520; 10-28-2011 at 09:04 AM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.