Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Vetís injuries from Occupy Oakland protest not caused by deputies, SF sheriff says 
    Three San Francisco sheriffís deputies are being named on websites by activists for allegedly injuring an Iraq War veteran during the violent shutdown of the Occupy Oakland camp last week.

Scroll down to see videos of the incident.

Former Marine Scott Olsen suffered a skull fracture in the shutdown of the camp after it turned violent the night of Oct. 25 in downtown Oakland. More than 15 local public safety agencies were called in to assist the Oakland Police Department, including the San Francisco Sheriffís Department.

Occupy activists and supporters claim to have identified at least three San Francisco deputies in video shot before and during the raid.

In the videos, which have been made available on YouTube, Olsen is shown standing stationary in military garb. After ďflash-bangĒ grenades are fired from the police line, Olsen is shown lying immobile on the ground. He was thought to have been shot in the head by a projectile canister fired from a gun, although the video does not make that clear.

When other protesters rush to Olsenís aid, another grenade is lobbed into the panicked gathering, presumably worsening his injuries. When he is carried away from the scene, Olsen appears critically injured but conscious. He was later put under sedation at a hospital, according to his roommate, Keith Shannon.

Protesters identified the three deputies based on preraid video that showed them from a closer and less chaotic standpoint ó near enough to make their nametags visible.

The head of the union that represents sheriffís deputies said activists circulated one deputyís home address online. The union has requested it be removed.

The Sheriffís Department said an internal investigation unit is reviewing the incident, but itís unlikely the identified deputies caused Olsenís injury. Spokeswoman Eileen Hirst said 35 of the 37 Sheriffís Department personnel on site for the raid were not carrying projectiles, and the two who were equipped with them did not fire.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/bay-...#ixzz1cfkZqrZN

Wei will be apologizing any moment now!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Please dont hold your breath rock ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Please dont hold your breath rock ;)
    Lanie will be here too, maybe they could make a joint statement.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Wee Wee? Lanie? I'm gonna hold my breath........

FAIL

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

...............and Wei Wei............................any moment now!

Just before people jump to much further into this... their not saying that the police were not responsible. Their saying that the three deputies that the movement has decided to crucify for this, are not responsible. A big differance there.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    true, but just remember that if the OWS hadn't been there causing problems, the cops wouldn't have had to come in and tear gas them.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    true, but just remember that if the OWS hadn't been there causing problems, the cops wouldn't have had to come in and tear gas them.
    Which is totally correct.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Which is totally correct.
    Like totally dude!