Hybrid View

1. #1 66% Oppose Forgiveness Of Student Loans 
    tudent loan debt may have topped $1 trillion this year, but according to a recent Rasmussen poll, a sizable majority of Americans would be opposed to the federal government forgiving these loans.

Rasmussen has more:

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 21% of American Adults think the federal government should forgive the nearly $1 trillion in loans it made or guaranteed to help students pay for a college education. Sixty-six percent (66%) oppose the forgiveness of all student loans.Thirteen percent (13%) are undecided.

Student loan debt has been a major concern of the Occupy Wall Street movement, where protestors have been vocal about their frustrations with crushing loan debt.

"I have about $75k in student loans. I will default soon. My cosigner, my father, will be forced to take my loans. He will default as well. I've ruined my family because I tried to rise above my class," wrote one former student on the movement's website.
    link

Worth going to HuffPo to see the slideshow of people most of whom have made one bad decision after another.

Poor babies.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

"I have about $75k in student loans. I will default soon. My cosigner, my father, will be forced to take my loans. He will default as well. I've ruined my family because I tried to rise above my class," wrote one former student ..........
    Not too sure what this poor soul means; whether he means he tried to rise above his station in life or above his academic class.

But default is something he is choosing, whether he wants to believe it or not. Many, many, times I have heard recent grads talk about not wanting to take a job "outside" their field. What nonsense.

No doubt these same meat heads holding signs that say they owe $75,000 were ridiculing Sara Palin for taking 5 years to finish. She finished debt free, but that would be lost on this group.

I know too many people that signed up for a heavy class load, just to cancel, so they could have more loan money. Or they made school a career when they should of been focused on the future.

I don't feel sorry for them.

If I could just be an illegal resident living in CA, I could go to school free! Who needs loans? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    "I have about $75k in student loans. I will default soon. My cosigner, my father, will be forced to take my loans. He will default as well. I've ruined my family because I tried to rise above my class," wrote one former student ..........
    Not too sure what this poor soul means; whether he means he tried to rise above his station in life or above his academic class.

But default is something he is choosing, whether he wants to believe it or not. Many, many, times I have heard recent grads talk about not wanting to take a job "outside" their field. What nonsense.

No doubt these same meat heads holding signs that say they owe $75,000 were ridiculing Sara Palin for taking 5 years to finish. She finished debt free, but that would be lost on this group.
    There are many people that take five years, or even longer to finish...but they still finish! Sometimes that "one class you need" is not available, etc...especially now with the tight budgets on campus.

DUmmies like to start things and run.....