Thread: America’s missing middle

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Knock China if it makes you feel better, but it is hard not to buy Chinese made goods anymore. The largest thing I knowingly bought was a 250cc motor scooter, and after 2 years it is still doing fine.

South Korea and Japan also produced junk at one time, but they have had more time to get it together than China has.

Compared to the idiots we have in some positions in our factories I imagine a farm peasant will do just fine.
    Farm people happen to have pride in their work and have a work ethic that slum rats do not have.

I am no fan of China, but at least it is trying to employ its people making useful products. Compare that to the crap that Obama proposes.

China is able to mass produce cheap products because they use their political dissidents as slave labor.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    China is able to mass produce cheap products because they use their political dissidents as slave labor.
    Not just their dissidents. All "private" corporations in China are partnered with the state. This is especially true of foreign corporations. This means that if you are an employee and you have been stiffed on back wages, you have to go through the state, which is a partner with your employer, for compensation and redress. Good luck with that. Plus, China does not permit unrestricted emigration, so you have no choice but to stay there and do as you're told. No capitalist state has ever had to lock its workforce in. China's laogai (gulag) system is a prison within a prison.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    ........South Korea and Japan also produced junk at one time, but they have had more time to get it together than China has.......
    Gee, I dunno, Hansel. Each of them has had thousands of years......talking maybe 5000 years each, give or take a few years. And most sources list China as the oldest.

I mean, come on, how many years does it TAKE!?:D

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Gee, I dunno, Hansel. Each of them has had thousands of years......talking maybe 5000 years each, give or take a few years. And most sources list China as the oldest.

I mean, come on, how many years does it TAKE!?:D
    American businesses helped Japan to get back on its feet after WW II and also helped Korea to get started after the Korean Conflict. That is what I am speaking of. I don't think we had helped mainland China until more recently, given its communism.