Hybrid View

1. #1 Who Is Scott Olsen? 
    Being a fellow Marine, and knowing there are many more here on the site as well as current heros serving honorably in all services, I have to ask the hard question; just who is Scott Olsen?

To be honest, everyone should pray for his continued recovery. Just my personal opinion, but I believe everyone deserves sympathy and prayer in their hour of need.

That being said; what does anyone really know about the Hero of Occupy Oakland? (which is suprising, since the Left usually spits on the military.)

I've seen his facebook, and the link to where he hosted a site called Ihatetheusmc.com. I've seen the picture of him in his dress blues, flipping the bird. But has anyone seen his DD214? What was his character of discharge? Did he actually serve in combat, or more in a service role in Iraq, like I did when I handled Logistics?

Post what you can find! At least to satisfy my curiousity, if anything.

Semper Fi.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

I have heard he had a dishonorable discharge. On what grounds, I'm not sure.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I know that he's gone too far in his anti-war protests. It's one thing to declare you're against the war. It's another thing to declare that you hate the marines.

I also know he was injured. If that was our brother, son, or father up there, we'd want prayers and not anger at what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

I also know he was injured. If that was our brother, son, or father up there, we'd want prayers and not anger at what he is.

Not really. I'd be embarrassed if that were a family member of mine. I'd still be angry at him/her for being such an ignorant dumbass.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.