Hybrid View

1. #1 Thinking Tuesday 
    Banned
    Weather is beautiful today mid 70's which is nice

TOTD Since Friday is Veterans Day if you are a vet share why you decided to serve and if your not do you have a vet you want to remember on this very special day.
    Also do you think that Obama is going to lay the wreath at Arlington this year or is he going to duck out of it again?

So much for no politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    So much for no politics.
    :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    So much for no politics.
    What the hell are you talking about how is this bringing in politics I just asked if anyone thought if Obama was going to show up.

I've got veterans in my extended family and active military members in my immediate family who I'm very proud of. I have a couple veteran friends who I talk to regularly and some who I've fallen out with.

One guy in particular was wounded in Iraq and seemed to suffer from undiagnosed psychological issues. He was clearly alcoholic and skipped out on his AA meetings. He tried to get me to sign his AA papers when he was drunk but I declined. He was a great person but his experiences had taken a toll on him. I had gotten ejected more than once from public establishments when I was wit him because of his behavior. I never felt any animosity towards him though, he was a loyal friend and a good person underneath but his emotional problems and substance abuse made it impossible for me to remain on close terms with him. I haven't seen him in 2 years but I've been thinking about him lately.

I really hope that the influx of soldiers coming home from Iraq this year will be able to get all of the support and help that they deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I've got veterans in my extended family and active military members in my immediate family who I'm very proud of. I have a couple veteran friends who I talk to regularly and some who I've fallen out with.

One guy in particular was wounded in Iraq and seemed to suffer from undiagnosed psychological issues. He was clearly alcoholic and skipped out on his AA meetings. He tried to get me to sign his AA papers when he was drunk but I declined. He was a great person but his experiences had taken a toll on him. I had gotten ejected more than once from public establishments when I was wit him because of his behavior. I never felt any animosity towards him though, he was a loyal friend and a good person underneath but his emotional problems and substance abuse made it impossible for me to remain on close terms with him. I haven't seen him in 2 years but I've been thinking about him lately.

I really hope that the influx of soldiers coming home from Iraq this year will be able to get all of the support and help that they deserve.

My mom who was in the military used to take care of soldiers when she was in the military that came home from Vietnam who were drug addicts.
    It is a sad state when our wonderful service members come home and what they are not given the care they need to cope.