Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Occupyer's Confronted With Job Offers. 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Now that's just mean spirited!!!!:mad::mad:

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

These clowns are greyt!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

I've been told the movement is good because people can't find jobs. I guess I can post this vid to my facebook later or show it to this person.

Outstanding work gentlemen. Worth a quick look.

Kick.

I will give $500 to any one of those dweebs, TODAY!, to do what I do, day after day....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

They are correct that these jobs are not enough to pay bills and support a family, but they should be willing to do hard work.

Hard work is a value that is lost on a lot (but not all) of left-wingers. They think getting up early and working hard all day is authoritarian and they believe being lazy somehow is "sticking it to the man". The greatest left-wingers in history were extremely hard working and dedicated to doing their jobs well.

The left today needs to re-appropriate values that the left of the 60's abandoned. Discipline, order, authority, regularity, and especially HARD WORK. I find it hard to respect any left-winger who has never worked hard a day in their lives.

Some of the hardest working people I've known were still below or right at the poverty level and struggled their entire lives because of circumstances outside of their control. I think anyone who is willing to put in full time hours of hard work deserve a living wage, respect, dignity, job security, and all of the benefits that elites get. A janitor or dishwasher doesn't need to get paid the same as a mechanical engineer, but they should still be able to pay their bills, support their family, send their kids to school, and be treated with respect.

However, if you aren't willing to do work (and you are able to), you get no sympathy from me.

Still, I do understand matching your values with your work. If a pro-choice christian refuses to take a job at an abortion clinic, that is their choice, but I respect their choice because they are standing by their values and not participating in a system that they view as evil. I would not judge a pro-choice Christian for turning down a job offer at an abortion clinic, and I will not judge a recovering alcoholic for refusing to work at a bar, and I will not judge an anti-war peace activitist for refusing to work for Raytheon.

Values matter.
    Last edited by Wei Wu Wei; 11-09-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    They are correct that these jobs are not enough to pay bills and support a family, but they should be willing to do hard work.

Hard work is a value that is lost on a lot (but not all) of left-wingers. They think getting up early and working hard all day is authoritarian and they believe being lazy somehow is "sticking it to the man". The greatest left-wingers in history were extremely hard working and dedicated to doing their jobs well.

The left today needs to re-appropriate values that the left of the 60's abandoned. Discipline, order, authority, regularity, and especially HARD WORK. I find it hard to respect any left-winger who has never worked hard a day in their lives.

Some of the hardest working people I've known were still below or right at the poverty level and struggled their entire lives because of circumstances outside of their control. I think anyone who is willing to put in full time hours of hard work deserve a living wage, respect, dignity, job security, and all of the benefits that elites get. A janitor or dishwasher doesn't need to get paid the same as a mechanical engineer, but they should still be able to pay their bills, support their family, send their kids to school, and be treated with respect.

However, if you aren't willing to do work (and you are able to), you get no sympathy from me.

Still, I do understand matching your values with your work. If a pro-choice christian refuses to take a job at an abortion clinic, that is their choice, but I respect their choice because they are standing by their values and not participating in a system that they view as evil. I would not judge a pro-choice Christian for turning down a job offer at an abortion clinic, and I will not judge a recovering alcoholic for refusing to work at a bar, and I will not judge an anti-war peace activitist for refusing to work for Raytheon.

Values matter.
    I remember one of my co-workers going to Subway after getting fired from where we were at. She had a husband and a sick kid to support. She said they gave her all the hours she wanted. The right fast food place will often give you enough hours to support your family.

However, one of the primary problems with a lot of fast food places and retail is that they literally refuse to hire full time in most cases. I think the best thing to do is to work for those places until they give you full time work or until you find it elsewhere. That's where *I* sort of think a lot of companies are greedy, their refusal to hire anybody full time. And people can fuss all you want at me, it won't change my opinion.

Now, back to the protesters. Besides the fact that some of the jobs won't be enough to support their family (although some money is better than no money), the truth is they're sticking their noses up at banks and the Department of Defense. What they don't realize is that common, every day people work for these places. I'm currently trying to get into a health care company into the customer service section because I want that permanent, full time work I'm talking about. I told one of my liberal friends about it, and he joked around about "Good luck with the evil empire." I know it was a joke, but he meant it. It's like that head hunter said though, you can change things from the inside. Imagine if I became the CEO of a major healthcare company. Then, in thirty years, I could run for President presenting my CEO expertise as the reason I know stuff about the economy. Watch the Republicans throw a fit....
    Last edited by Lanie; 11-09-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Imagine if I became the CEO of a major healthcare company. Then, in thirty years, I could run for President presenting my CEO expertise as the reason I know stuff about the economy. Watch the Republicans throw a fit....
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I remember one of my co-workers going to Subway after getting fired from where we were at. She had a husband and a sick kid to support. She said they gave her all the hours she wanted. The right fast food place will often give you enough hours to support your family.

However, one of the primary problems with a lot of fast food places and retail is that they literally refuse to hire full time in most cases. I think the best thing to do is to work for those places until they give you full time work or until you find it elsewhere. That's where *I* sort of think a lot of companies are greedy, their refusal to hire anybody full time. And people can fuss all you want at me, it won't change my opinion.
    The problem many on the left don't realize, Subway, Mcd's, Hardees, and other fast food places, and low cost customer service places are not intended to be long term employment. The part time worker is how they keep cost down. In fact the fast food joints were up till about 3 years ago, a place for teens to get that first job for a few bucks, not mom and dad who are trying to pay their bills as its becoming now. You try and make these places full time with all those benies, and you will see a $15 value meal.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    In Chicago they started littering the OWS'ers there with McDonalds applications :D LMFAO
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry