Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Get with the times. Just don't bother taking them down.
    Oh yeah. They're out there. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Now, 1976? THAT, was Christmas.
    I'm not familiar. I'll have to do some research.

How can this be constitutional? Isn't the government promoting one religion over others if they promote "Christmas" trees? The ACLU and Freedom From Religion movements will need to sue to block this unconstitutional promotion, or at least force them to split up the money and use it to promote all religious sales!

;):D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    $.15 fees are not going to kill the industry. Give me a break.
    thats not the point. They want to advertise, fine, The private industry can do it on their own, with the any Associations, just throwing on a tax on the whole industry willy-nilly is stupid, particularly one that has been hurting over the last 20 years due to fake trees.

Plus Rock's right, it's not just one tax, it's the whole bunch of them.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    thats not the point. They want to advertise, fine, The private industry can do it on their own, with the any Associations, just throwing on a tax on the whole industry willy-nilly is stupid, particularly one that has been hurting over the last 20 years due to fake trees.

Plus Rock's right, it's not just one tax, it's the whole bunch of them.
    Exactly, if this association has so much support they can collect the necessary funds voluntarily from dues, not unwilling participants with the force of government.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Exactly, if this association has so much support they can collect the necessary funds voluntarily from dues, not unwilling participants with the force of government.
    I agree.

Plus for every 15 cents collected the gov't would spend 50 cents collecting it! :D

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    How can this be constitutional? Isn't the government promoting one religion over others if they promote "Christmas" trees? The ACLU and Freedom From Religion movements will need to sue to block this unconstitutional promotion, or at least force them to split up the money and use it to promote all religious sales!

;):D

Christmas trees have nothing to do really with the Jesus part of the Christmas story. They are a pagan tradition that marked the celebration of the change of seasons.

I had a whacky aunt-in-law who would only put Christian-themed ornaments on her Christmas tree after she got born again while watching Jim and Tammy Faye. She said that otherwise, Christmas trees are wrong because they are a pagan tradition.

Santa and Christmas trees are always acceptable in the public sector.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Christmas trees have nothing to do really with the Jesus part of the Christmas story. They are a pagan tradition that marked the celebration of the change of seasons.

I had a whacky aunt-in-law who would only put Christian-themed ornaments on her Christmas tree after she got born again while watching Jim and Tammy Faye. She said that otherwise, Christmas trees are wrong because they are a pagan tradition.

Santa and Christmas trees are always acceptable in the public sector.
    well, technically so is the date as well, Dec 25 is a direct usurp of a Pagan holiday that commemorated the first noticeable day that days were getting longer. Christ was born in the spring, the only time of year that the sheep are in the fields.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry