Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Lightning VS the Filly sissies! 
    Much has been said of the Tampa defense of letting the opposing offense try to come into the zone. Filly tried to make a statement tonite by not even moving!!!! The consenus on the talk shows was that the Lightning was at fault!
    Let me throw out my 2 cents about this.
    Offense shoould be on the offense! The defense has to react to the O!!!
    If you are afraid to come at us, its your bad!

Oh yeah, We beat your butts!

Go Bolts!!!

Sucks to be a filly Phan! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

2 to 1 in OT is hardly a beat down. 24-15 shots? I bet watching the geriatric olympics would have been more entertaining.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Much has been said of the Tampa defense of letting the opposing offense try to come into the zone. Filly tried to make a statement tonite by not even moving!!!! The consenus on the talk shows was that the Lightning was at fault!
    Let me throw out my 2 cents about this.
    Offense should be on the offense! The defense has to react to the O!!!
    If you are afraid to come at us, its your bad!

Go Bolts!!!

Go suck a c#$k, everyone on versus says it was a pussy move and the flyers did the right thing and here is my 2 cents, players of the trap are pussies who know they are over matched and have to use it to compensate for flaws in their D.

Me and a friend always go to one flyers game a year and yesterday we couldnt decide on what game to see, that is until we saw these homo's and their gay defense. So now we made up our minds and are going to the Dec 13 game in philly :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Go suck a c#$k, everyone on versus says it was a pussy move and the flyers did the right thing and here is my 2 cents, players of the trap are pussies who know they are over matched and have to use it to compensate for flaws in their D.
    You really are a sore loser at this stuff.

If the Flyers had been the better team, they would have won the game. They got 15 shots off the entire game. That is pathetic. Blame the other team all you want, the Flyers have only one thing to blame, and it's themselves.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    You really are a sore loser at this stuff.

If the Flyers had been the better team, they would have won the game. They got 15 shots off the entire game. That is pathetic. Blame the other team all you want, the Flyers have only one thing to blame, and it's themselves.

No you're wrong (as usual) the trap is a just crutch others use when they are weaker, it slows the game down to a crawl and is BORING. Hockey is supposed to be a fast paced sport. They flyers are the best scoring team in the NHL, why the hell do you think the league outlawed it when the Devils used it in the 90's? Up until recently they outlawed the zone defense in the NBA for much the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    No you're wrong (as usual) the trap is a just crutch others use when they are weaker, it slows the game down to a crawl and is BORING. Hockey is supposed to be a fast paced sport. They flyers are the best scoring team in the NHL, why the hell do you think the league outlawed it when the Devils used it in the 90's? Up until recently they outlawed the zone defense in the NBA for much the same reason.
    The league never "outlawed" it. Or the Lightning would not have pulled it off last night.

And stats mean shit if you don't get the puck to the net.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    The league never "outlawed" it. Or the Lightning would not have pulled it off last night.

And stats mean shit if you don't get the puck to the net.
    They hell they didnt(or they did at one point) i remember it.

IF i was the flyers coach i wouldve just circled around my zone till they stopped that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post

Go Bolts!!!

Trash talking about hockey in November??? That's like making a Christmas list in March.

By the way:
    Current Eastern Conference Standings:

1. Pittsburgh 15 21
    2. Toronto 15 19
    3. Washington 13 18
    4. NY Rangers 14 19
    5. Philadelphia 15 19
    6. Buffalo 14 18
    7. Tampa Bay 15 18
    8. Florida 14 17
    9. New Jersey 13 15
    10. Ottawa 16 15
    11. Carolina 15 13
    12. Winnipeg 15 13
    13. Boston 13 12
    14. Montreal 14 12
    15. NY Islanders 12 10

Seems to me the defense strategy worked if the fliers want to skate in circles they should have been called with a delay penalty.
    Onward Thru the Fog