Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seems to me the defense strategy worked if the fliers want to skate in circles they should have been called with a delay penalty.
    Onward Thru the Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    Seems to me the defense strategy worked if the fliers want to skate in circles they should have been called with a delay penalty.
    As long as they keep the puck moving they can't be called delay of game. If the can play the trap you should be able to draw them our.

My point was that on offense you should play offense!! The defense is there to defend not attack! If you ain't good enuf to get the puck in the zone, cry! Its the liberal way!:D
    Some one change the rules so I can win----Waaaahhhhh!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    My point was that on offense you should play offense!! The defense is there to defend not attack! If you ain't good enuf to get the puck in the zone, cry! Its the liberal way!:D
    Defense doesn't attack? Two words Paul coffee (sp)

If a team has to build a wall at the blue line cause they are weak and can't venture forth I can understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Defense doesn't attack? Two words Paul coffee (sp)
    The defense can go on the attack, yes. But that is usually a defenseman not a team defense. The coaches have to come up with a better way to attack! Like shoot the puck in and grind!

Oh yeah, our 5'6" guy fights your 6' 5" guy is that fair!!! :D Make all guys short!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Much has been said of the Tampa defense of letting the opposing offense try to come into the zone. Filly tried to make a statement tonite by not even moving!!!! The consenus on the talk shows was that the Lightning was at fault!
    Let me throw out my 2 cents about this.
    Offense shoould be on the offense! The defense has to react to the O!!!
    If you are afraid to come at us, its your bad!

Oh yeah, We beat your butts!

Go Bolts!!!

Sucks to be a filly Phan! :D
    Dude, you won 2-1. It's not like you won the Stanley Cup or anything. It's just a regular season game. Sheesh. Not much else going on in Tampa I assume?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Again, are you kidding me with this? It's one regular season game and you're chirping? Wow. Just...wow.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

TORONTO – The trap might not be the be-all, end-all of Tuesday’s NHL general managers meetings here.

Last week’s “trap” actions by the Tampa Bay Lighting during a 2-1 overtime win over the Flyers caused such a stir, it was added to the agenda.

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren predicts that not much will come of it.

“Coaches do certain things to win the hockey game,” Holmgren said. “Their job and task is to try and win games. Guy Boucher likes his team to play a certain style. I don’t have any problem with it.

“Peter [Laviolette] countered with what he thought was a good plan. I think it’s an isolated incident. We’ll see how it goes tomorrow. I don’t expect a lot of talk. I think we’ve done enough [talk] over the last few days.”

The reason it will come up is because the game was on VERSUS and was an embarrassment to the league, as well as both clubs. The whole essence coming out of the lockout was to open up the game of hockey – not stifle it with traps and stalls.

]“Obviously, it doesn’t look good for our game,” Holmgren said. “In the last few years, it’s become a fast game, a very entertaining game, and a lot of good competition and a lot of skill.

“For a brief period of time, particularly in the first period of that game, if you happen to turn that game on, you’d say, ‘What’s this?’ Obviously, it’s worthy of some kind of debate but I don’t think we need to spend a lot of time on it.”

The GMs are also expected to be brief on NHL realignment which the Board of Governors will address next month.

TORONTO – The trap might not be the be-all, end-all of Tuesday’s NHL general managers meetings here.

Last week’s “trap” actions by the Tampa Bay Lighting during a 2-1 overtime win over the Flyers caused such a stir, it was added to the agenda.

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren predicts that not much will come of it.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...190&feedID=695

The trap is how to beat a fast-skating team with lots of scorers. If it was not a legal play, my team would have won a lot more cups than the 4 or so they've won over the last 15 years.

The Devils beat my beloved Wings many times using a trap. It was very effective against the russian players like Federov, and against glory-hogs like Shanahan.