Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I think you are all reading into this too much..it was a strategic mistake on his part...he thinks by playing nicety nice, he'll get the latino vote...The latino vote is much coveted nowadays..but it's a double edged sword. Conservatives are all for immigrants, as long as they pursue the legal route.
    It's goes beyond that. He committed what's known as political suicide on national tv. One major rule about American politics is that when the media says your done...usually you are.

http://www.google.com/search?q=perry...rlz=1I7SKPB_en
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Speaking of memory lapses:

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Great comment on Facebook: "Perry is the Republican candidate for those who thought George W. Bush was just too cerebral". :p
    wow. sometimes you are so establishment, linda. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Really? What other action by a person earns them the epithet, "illegal"? Who else magically turns that adjective into a noun, Odie?
    Um, when you break the law in entering the country, you are an illegal immigrant. That takes up alot of words, so we shorten it to "illegal" . On the other hand, if you come here legally, you're either known "Joe" or a "resident alien", which is actually kinda a cool phrase. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Um, when you break the law in entering the country, you are an illegal immigrant. That takes up alot of words, so we shorten it to "illegal" . On the other hand, if you come here legally, you're either known "Joe" or a "resident alien", which is actually kinda a cool phrase. :p

~QC
    You make a good point. Instead of saying someone made an illegal lane change, I will just call them an illegal.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    You make a good point. Instead of saying someone made an illegal lane change, I will just call them an illegal.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Fabulous Poster
    Like I said when it happened, Perry grew up rural Texas so he had the unfortunate experience of interacting with the undocumented during his formative years so is cursed with realizing they are human beings.
    So if a white guys grew up on a farm in Mississippi, or grew up watching Brooklyn destroyed then he's less likely to be racist?

A person making an illegal lane change isn't perpetually barred from the road. A person in the country illegally has a status as an illegal immigrant. But, as I said before, you are free to call them illegal immigrants if the noun/adjective thing offends you. Or, if you insist on the whole "undocumented" thing, then we can, for consistency's sake, refer to drug dealers as undocumented pharmacists, rapists as undocumented lovers and thieves as undocumented income redistributors (since community organizer appears to be taken). Also, Kidnappers should be undocumented child care workers, murderers can be undocumented executioners or undocumented exterminators, vandals can be undocumented decorators (although you guys have already started calling them artists, so that euphemistic change may be redundant), perjurers and other perpetraters of fraud are undocumented fantasists and liberals will continue to be known as idiots.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    A person making an illegal lane change isn't perpetually barred from the road.
    Ah. So driving without a license makes you an illegal.

I've forgotten mine a few times.....Usually a nice cop will run your name and everything is OK.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

It makes you an illegal driver. If you get pulled over and the cop runs your record and determines that you are not licensed, you are subject to arrest and your car can be impounded. Do you consider illegal entry to the United States a less serious offense than illegally operating a motor vehicle?
    --Odysseus