Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Joe Paterno Fired 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ier-penn-state

I'll edit this later as the story on ESPN is down atm, but basically Joe Pa got his butt fired over the Sandusky scandal after announcing that he was going to retire at the end of the season. The Board of Trustees decided it was time for Paterno and School President Graham Spanier to go after the week that Penn State has been through.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ier-penn-state

I'll edit this later as the story on ESPN is down atm, but basically Joe Pa got his butt fired over the Sandusky scandal after announcing that he was going to retire at the end of the season. The Board of Trustees decided it was time for Paterno and School President Graham Spanier to go after the week that Penn State has been through.
    I'm a Penn St fan (well no longer due to firing) the thing that pisses me off the most is mcleary(sp) WITNESSED the crime didn't stop it or call the police but he didn't lose his job. Mr paterno got third hand info and since he did perform a citizen arrest he got fired for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I'm a Penn St fan (well no longer due to firing) the thing that pisses me off the most is mcleary(sp) WITNESSED the crime didn't stop it or call the police but he didn't lose his job. Mr paterno got third hand info and since he did perform a citizen arrest he got fired for it.
    Mclearly should be fired as well, honest I wouldn't be surprised if the entire staff is let go at the end of the season.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Mclearly should be fired as well, honest I wouldn't be surprised if the entire staff is let go at the end of the season.
    Why isn't he brought up on charges? If I saw what he saw I'd kill the guy, there'd be no need for cops

Why isn't he brought up on charges? If I saw what he saw I'd kill the guy, there'd be no need for cops
    Mclearly? for what? he didn't do anything criminal, in fact he testified to a Grand Jury about what he saw Sandusky doing.

Why he should be fired? For not making a bigger stink about Sandusky being on campus for the last 9 years after seeing that. I would have done everything I could to get his sorry ass away from kids, even if it meant going to the media and risk being fired and my career put in jeopardy.

Mclearly? for what? he didn't do anything criminal, in fact he testified to a Grand Jury about what he saw Sandusky doing.

Why he should be fired? For not making a bigger stink about Sandusky being on campus for the last 9 years after seeing that. I would have done everything I could to get his sorry ass away from kids, even if it meant going to the media and risk being fired and my career put in jeopardy.
    HE SAW THE RAPE and did nothing more then report it to higher ups, not police or try to get the man off the boy

I know we call older women that pursue younger males cougars. Should we could older men that pursue younger males Nittany Lions?:D
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

HE SAW THE RAPE and did nothing more then report it to higher ups, not police or try to get the man off the boy
    I know he did. He still reported it. Legally he did what he was suppose to. Ethically and what human decency states he didn't, which is why I think he should be fired. He'll probably never work as a coach again.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    I know we call older women that pursue younger males cougars. Should we could older men that pursue younger males Nittany Lions?:D

This was old last night

I know he did. He still reported it. Legally he did what he was suppose to. Ethically and what human decency states he didn't, which is why I think he should be fired. He'll probably never work as a coach again.

That's pretty much how I see it. Someone should have contacted law enforcement. The university is liable on that end.

I'm not sure what the law is in PA, but teachers and school personnel are mandated reporters. If they have knowlege of child abuse, they are required to report it.