Results 1 to 10 of 11

Hybrid View

  1. #1 Tuberculosis Breaks Out At Occupy Atlanta’s Base 
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    November 10, 2011 1:55 PM

    The homeless shelter that Occupy Atlanta protesters have been camping out in has been confirmed for housing two cases of drug-resistant tuberculosis. (credit: Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

    ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) – The home base for Occupy Atlanta has tested positive for tuberculosis.

    The Fulton County Health Department confirmed Wednesday that residents at the homeless shelter where protesters have been occupying have contracted the drug-resistant disease. WGCL reports that a health department spokeswoman said there is a possibility that both Occupy Atlanta protesters and the homeless people in the shelter may still be at risk since tuberculosis is contracted through air contact.

    “Over the last three months were have been two persons who have resided in this facility who have been diagnosed with confirmed or suspected infectious tuberculosis (TB),” said Fulton County Services Director Matthew McKenna in a written statement to CBS Atlanta. “One of these persons was confirmed to have a strain of TB that is resistant to a single, standard medication used to treat this condition. All person(s) identified as positive have begun treatment and are being monitored to ensure that medication is taken as directed.”

    http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2011/11/...atlantas-base/
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

    The occupation movement has officially become a plague.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    The agency reported in its Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report that nearly 40% of the cases, 4,378, were in people born in the United States. The remaining 6,707 cases were in people who were born abroad. More than half of those cases were among people born in four countries: Mexico (23%), the Philippines (11%), India (8.6%) and Vietnam (7.7%). Overall, foreign-born people were 11 times as likely to have TB as those born in this country.


    Translation- Illegal aliens account for 60% of tuberculosis cases and there is no reason to believe that they are not responsible for the other 40%.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Super Moderator bijou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,207
    And in New York ...

    ..“It’s called Zuccotti lung,” said Willie Carey, 28, a demonstrator from Chapel Hill, N.C. “It’s a real thing.”

    As the weather turns, the protesters in Zuccotti Park, the nexus of the Occupy Wall Street protests in Lower Manhattan, have been forced to confront a simple truth: packing themselves like sardines inside a public plaza, where cigarettes are shared and a good night’s sleep remains elusive, may not be conducive to good health.

    “Pretty much everything here is a good way to get sick,” said Salvatore Cipolla, 23, from Long Island. “It’ll definitely thin the herd.”

    The city’s health department said that officials had visited the park and that it would continue to monitor conditions with winter looming. “It should go without saying that lots of people sleeping outside in a park as we head toward winter is not an ideal situation for anyone’s health,” the department said in a statement.

    Dr. Philip M. Tierno Jr., the director of clinical microbiology and immunology at NYU Langone Medical Center, said the conditions could leave park-dwellers susceptible to respiratory viruses; norovirus, the so-called winter vomiting virus, which can lead to vomiting and diarrhea and which could quickly overwhelm the limited bathroom facilities in the area; and tuberculosis, which is more common in indigent populations and can be spread by coughing.

    Even some camping in the park have grown concerned in recent weeks with the living quarters. Damp laundry and cardboard signs, left in the rain, have provided fertile ground for mold. Some protesters urinate in bottles, or occasionally a water-cooler jug, to avoid the lines at public restrooms. Food, from orange peels to scrambled eggs, is often discarded outside tents.

    “I’m amazed that in a park full of revolutionaries, there are large contingents that can’t throw away their own trash,” said Jordan McCarthy, 22, a member of the protesters’ sanitation team.

    Demonstrators do maintain a medical tent, filled mostly with over-the-counter medications and alternative treatments, like herbal remedies. Some have spotted shamans walking the premises, Mr. Carey said, though licensed doctors and nurses often take volunteer shifts in the tent as well. Some strap flashlights to their heads, like workers in a mine shaft, because the site becomes so dark at night. (The tent has no electricity.)

    Miniature bottles of hand sanitizer have appeared sporadically inside the park, though it is unclear who placed them there. Volunteers at the medical tent also have on-call contacts in acupuncture, chiropractics, massage therapy and psychotherapy, protesters said. ...
    link
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    950
    The OWS shitters reject western civilization with it's antiquated ideas of cleanliness. It has no place in the world they want to make.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    The OWS shitters reject western civilization with it's antiquated ideas of cleanliness. It has no place in the world they want to make.
    Leprosy (sp) would be ok but tb will do.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,202
    Idiots.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Leprosy (sp) would be ok but tb will do.
    Leprosy is a disease of slow progression. They need something quicker, hemhorragic fever would do nicely. The filth and rats are very condusive to this kind of pathogen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

    Translation- Illegal aliens account for 60% of tuberculosis cases and there is no reason to believe that they are not responsible for the other 40%.
    Yep. That's why SoCal had TB around.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Beefeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    274
    Just before my mole got the TS I had this post moved to the 9-11 dungeon, I thought it fit right in with the DUmp mentality

    ChandlerJr (554 posts) Mon Nov-07-11 01:13 PM
    Original message
    The US Government has a history of giving disease carrying blankets

    to the Native Americans, what do you bet they are doing the same to the OWS movement with the head and body lice?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ypeLuKnLg&feature=yout...
    greytdemocrat (566 posts) Mon Nov-07-11 01:25 PM
    Response to Original message
    2. I'm sure KKKarl Rove is supervising the operation...
    MineralMan (1000+ posts) Mon Nov-07-11 02:04 PM
    Response to Original message
    6. Why are you posting this anti-occupy propaganda?

    Seriously...

    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=125x324280
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Just before my mole got the TS I had this post moved to the 9-11 dungeon, I thought it fit right in with the DUmp mentality








    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=125x324280
    Is it still propaganda if it is true? :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •