Thread: What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common? 
    Democrat leadership.
    Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)... since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)... since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)... since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)... since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)... since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)... since 1907.
    Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'
    It is the disadvantaged who habitually elect Democrats --- yet are still disadvantaged.

Guess the voters were promised hope and change.....oh wait.
    Last edited by LibraryLady; 09-12-2008 at 12:34 AM.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Losing Football Teams? :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

interesting. source?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

New Orleans during katrina -

Democratic Mayor.
    Democratic Govenor.

noonwitch
    Not too many republicans run for office in Detroit. If there was ever a chance for a black republican to win in Detroit, it would probably be in the upcoming election (date to be announced) to replace Kwame. He'd have to be what you guys call a RINO, though. Nobody's voting for Keith Butler, anymore. He moved his cult/scam/church out of the city to Southfield. I call his organization that because I don't call anything a church if it expects you to give them a copy of your W2 form with your membership application.

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Not too many republicans run for office in Detroit. If there was ever a chance for a black republican to win in Detroit, it would probably be in the upcoming election (date to be announced) to replace Kwame. He'd have to be what you guys call a RINO, though. Nobody's voting for Keith Butler, anymore. He moved his cult/scam/church out of the city to Southfield. I call his organization that because I don't call anything a church if it expects you to give them a copy of your W2 form with your membership application.
    Where did you get that from??? I had not heard that and I am pretty well connected in the MI Republican party.

I think that is just a rumor intended to do what it apparently has with you.

I will admit however, that I am not up on Keith Butler since he lost in the primaries in his last race.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Where did you get that from??? I had not heard that and I am pretty well connected in the MI Republican party.

I think that is just a rumor intended to do what it apparently has with you.

I will admit however, that I am not up on Keith Butler since he lost in the primaries in his last race.

I have a friend who attended there with a relative for a while. She told me that when she asked about membership, she was told that she would have to give a copy of her W2 form. I have heard this also from people at work who have either attended Word of Faith at some point, or have relatives who do.

I read some of their literature a few years back, and they had a special name to add to "Jesus" to pray to him under so that Santa Jesus will fulfill all your wishes (I am not making fun of Jesus, here, just some of his more simplistic followers). I can't remember the actual word, but it began with an R.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I have a friend who attended there with a relative for a while. She told me that when she asked about membership, she was told that she would have to give a copy of her W2 form. I have heard this also from people at work who have either attended Word of Faith at some point, or have relatives who do.

I read some of their literature a few years back, and they had a special name to add to "Jesus" to pray to him under so that Santa Jesus will fulfill all your wishes (I am not making fun of Jesus, here, just some of his more simplistic followers). I can't remember the actual word, but it began with an R.
    I've heard of churches that do that around here. I wouldn't step foot in a money racket like that.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    Wonder how the top ten list of the richest cities compare..

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Wonder how the top ten list of the richest cities compare..
    Probably the same. Funny how these liberal paradises house both the richest and poorest in the nation.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad