Thread: Albuquerque residents claim giant owls are eating their pets

1. #1 Albuquerque residents claim giant owls are eating their pets 
    It is unknown whether there are more than one of the large owls, which are said to roam the area looking for small animals to feast on.

Pet owners living in the foothills are now concerned and are keeping a close eye on their beloved pooches and cats. 'We've seen him 3 or 4 times. He's huge. One day when we were walking, he swooped down over my husband's head. He's a huge owl,' said local resident, Cindy Hummel.

One dog owner said she found claw marks on the back of her pet and another said that an owl that lives next to her home killed her puppy.

Marie Iverson described how she heard her dog yelping and when she went out to see what had happened, the puppy had disappeared.

The head zookeeper at Rio Grande Zoo in Albuquerque spoke to local station News 13 and told them that because owls were night hunters, it would be a good idea for owners to keep their pets in after dark.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/880973-...#ixzz1dQbz49CI

Maybe I missed it in the papers and on TV here, but I haven't heard a thing about this and we watch the local news, KRQE Channel 13.

It wouldn't surprise me. We've got bears, mountain lion and deer coming into town due to the shortage of food in the mountains, due to the lack of rain. Why not owls?
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    Maybe I missed it in the papers and on TV here, but I haven't heard a thing about this and we watch the local news, KRQE Channel 13.

It wouldn't surprise me. We've got bears, mountain lion and deer coming into town due to the shortage of food in the mountains, due to the lack of rain. Why not owls?
    Do you have a local occupy protest that you could direct the hungry animals to?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

When I lived in rural Nevada a hawk got a cat the owners let out. They are really remarkable hunters. I saw a hawk get a snake. They come down silently just like a helicopter, straight down. The prey never sees or hears them coming.

Ordinary people realize that they have to take care of their pets with predators around. Liberals think something should be done for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Do you have a local occupy protest that you could direct the hungry animals to?
    :D:D:D