Thread: Moody Monday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    It's hot here again today. When we arrived yesterday afternoon, it was 93, but before we could get out of the airport, a major thunder storm rolled in and broke. It cooled it down a bit, but it's going to be another hot, sunny day both in the megalopolis and in the Commie Cesspool, to which I'm heading right now (via the faithful, if slow, Amtrak).

TOTD: Thankfully, no. Many years ago, my father collapsed at home and died of a heart attack, but I was away at college. My mother knew no CPR and called the emergency numbers at the time. When I received her call, he wasn't dead and I immediately drove the 90 miles to Jacksonville, uncertain of his condition (pre-cell phones). He was dead by the time I started the drive. I had been trained in CPR, so I've never been sure if I could have altered his destiny had I been there.

That sucks,CW.:( What a thing to have on your mind all these years.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Mom is now in the garden pulling weeds and mulching. Hee hee.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Mom is now in the garden pulling weeds and mulching. Hee hee.:p

Excellent! You really are a meanie letting her work in that FL heat. :D

TOTD: Not really. I mean, a few times at work some customers have passed out or had accidents but nothing super-serious. I'd like to think I'd act appropriately in a crisis situation. But who really knows until you're in that type of situation...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

75 here today - light breeze. The waves are flat

TOTD: I was about 12 - in the Newport ‘Back Bay’ and a toddler had fallen off the dock with her older sisters there and they panicked and began to scream. It was weird because I just ran down the beach full speed - down to the end of the dock and blindly dove in. It was about 8 feet deep and she hadn’t hit bottom yet. Grabbed her and pushed up as hard as I could and expected her to be blue when we hit the surface. But no, she was smiling and none the worse for wear. Too young to know any better and must have just held her breath. I’ll never forget that.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Darn, thunder and big storms. Must be that Dallas stuff.

I'm pooped. Worked today, then went to the gym (did I mention I joined a gym?), fixed myself some dinner and am now sitting here ready to collapse.

TOTD: I panic. I'm not a good person to go to in emergency situations. I've proven myself unreliable in the past. :(