Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Showdown between Occupy Portland, police 
    Several hundred protesters, some wearing goggles and gas masks, marched past authorities in a downtown street Sunday, hours after riot police drove Occupy Portland demonstrators out of a pair of weeks-old encampments in nearby parks.
    AP Story, read at link>http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...rtland-police/

This way out of control, time for law enforcement to play hard ball, enough of the games.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    Ok. Let's step back. We know this is ACORN, ANSWER, SEIU and Soros, among others. Why are they deliberately allowing their people to provoke the authorities? Why the violence? Are they looking for a complete clampdown on the First Amendment?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Ok. Let's step back. We know this is ACORN, ANSWER, SEIU and Soros, among others. Why are they deliberately allowing their people to provoke the authorities? Why the violence? Are they looking for a complete clampdown on the First Amendment?
    Whats the differense? They overstayed thier welcome by about a month ot 2 ! This is what the libs are all about.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Whats the differense? They overstayed thier welcome by about a month ot 2 ! This is what the libs are all about.
    Look, if these organizations are running the show, they have a goal and it's political. Political goals are destroyed by violence. All I can figure is that they are taking the message of frustration that many lefties feel and are deliberately linking it with violence.

Obama hasn't really endorsed OWS, even though we know it's connected behind the scenes to his own political advisor, Patrick Gaspard. Now ostensibly the movement is there to help Obama in some way. Either it's supposed to energize the left wing base or it's supposed to discredit that base and help Obama get the independent voters. The violence does discredit the base.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/upda...y-wall-street/

Look, if these organizations are running the show, they have a goal and it's political. Political goals are destroyed by violence. All I can figure is that they are taking the message of frustration that many lefties feel and are deliberately linking it with violence.

Obama hasn't really endorsed OWS, even though we know it's connected behind the scenes to his own political advisor, Patrick Gaspard. Now ostensibly the movement is there to help Obama in some way. Either it's supposed to energize the left wing base or it's supposed to discredit that base and help Obama get the independent voters. The violence does discredit the base.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/upda...y-wall-street/
    Uhh, the 0 and almost all his posse--- pelosi. biden, debbie the W et al has endorsed the occutards or as Boortz puts it.... Barry's kids.
    You are delusional.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Uhh, the 0 and almost all his posse--- pelosi. biden, debbie the W et al has endorsed the occutards or as Boortz puts it.... Barry's kids.
    You are delusional.
    I haven't heard Obama come out in support of OWS. I have heard him co-opt some of their ideas, but he has been very careful not to endorse the movement itself. That's why I wonder about the violence.

I haven't heard Obama come out in support of OWS. I have heard him co-opt some of their ideas, but he has been very careful not to endorse the movement itself. That's why I wonder about the violence.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH99q2CRNZg
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Power CUer
    "It [OWS] expresses the frustrations that the American people feel; that we had the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression, huge collatoral damage all throughout the country, all across main street. And yet, you're still seeing some of the same folks who acted irresponsibly trying to fight efforts to crack down on abusive practices that got us in this problem in the first place. So yes, I think people are frustrated and the protestors are giving voice to a more broad-based frustration about how our financial system works."
    This is not an endorsement of the movement at all. In fact, this statement is carefully crafted (by a speechwriter, no doubt) to sound like it is endorsing the movement while not, in fact, endorsing it. Obama is carefully separating the message (frustration with the continuing abuses of Wall Street) from the protestors themselves, on whom he gives no opinion. And he isn't saying he agrees with the beliefs or the frustration. He is merely acknowledging what the general public believes to be true about OWS from media accounts.

This statement gives him all kinds of plausible deniability because he never comes right out and says (1) "I endorse Occupy Wall Street" or (2) "I think they are right in what they believe". It is essentially a SUMMARY of what is happening, not an opinion on it. These words were VERY carefully chosen. (You can bet he needed that teleprompter for this one.)

is is

It sure as hell is..
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!