1. #1 Angry Residents, Businesses Plan Anti-Occupy Wall Street Protest 
    Downtown residents and business owners are organizing a protest of the protest after two months of Lower Manhattan being occupied by the Wall Street demonstration.

Angry over all-day drumming, people urinating and defecating on the streets and verbal attacks from protesters, organizers say they will rally at City Hall Monday to send officials a message.

"Mayor Bloomberg is helping them stay," read the fliers posted downtown. ...
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...133796083.html

.Whatcha wanna bet he activates the National Guard to quell the rebellion at City hall
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men [and women] than himself." ~John Stuart Mill, 1806 - 1873

That is exactly what needs to happen. The people need to get angry enough to go down there and throw the OWS out bodily, after putting on masks and rubber gloves.

The title twithts my tongue.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Can these business owners file a class action lawsuit against the city for loss of income and property?

ETA: Since OWS seems to becoming an organization, can't they too be sued by business owners?
    Last edited by jediab; 11-15-2011 at 10:43 AM.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

It was only a matter of time before the locals got fed up, but what's funny is that they were extremely supportive of the hippies when they first arrived. The local Community Planning Board is invariably on the side of trendy leftist causes (they approved the Ground Zero Mosque, for example, but have dragged their feet on permitting a historic church to rebuild). It took a few months for them to realize that they were losing money, at which point their liberal street cred became less important than their bottom line.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Witmaster View Post
    .Whatcha wanna bet he activates the National Guard to quell the rebellion at City hall
    I don't think he can. Only the governor can activate the NG I think.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I'm not sure, during the civil rights movement I thought they sent them to Louisiana when they tried to block busing, not sure?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    A mayor can request that the governor call out the guard, but the guard is a state asset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm not sure, during the civil rights movement I thought they sent them to Louisiana when they tried to block busing, not sure?
    In Arkansas, the progressive, Democrat governor, Orvile Faubus, called out the guard to prevent the integration of the schools after Brown V. Board of Ed. Eisenhower used his authority to federalize the guard and ordered them to stand down and then sent the 101st Airborne in to enforce the order.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!