Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1 OWS Idiots Being Arrested In Philly As I Type 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,278
    The idiots decided it would be a good idea to block a bridge at rush hour. They were given several orders, on camera(I saw this on the local evening news) to vacate the bridge and of course these morons didn't so they are being locked up. Again, assholes, this is not peaceably assembling. Of course people like wee wee think it's the corporatist police who are out of line.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Police commissioner Bull Conner sanctioned acts of violence against the Freedom Riders in Alabama.

    Was violence against the black bus riders justified because they were breaking the law?


    If your answer is no, then you cannot claim that any use of force is justified as a response against any act civil disobedience.

    Sometimes force is necessary, but not always. Also, the there is such a thing as disproportionate use of force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    As for being arrested, that's a different story. The police are supposed to do their jobs and uphold the law, and if protesters are breaking the law, then they should be arrested. They should accept their arrests and go to jail peacefully.

    Violent resistance against police is not valid as a form of protest in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Police commissioner Bull Conner sanctioned acts of violence against the Freedom Riders in Alabama.

    Was violence against the black bus riders justified because they were breaking the law?


    If your answer is no, then you cannot claim that any use of force is justified as a response against any act civil disobedience.

    Sometimes force is necessary, but not always. Also, the there is such a thing as disproportionate use of force.


    Wow, what a fool you are. So what you're saying is that there is no difference between people who just want to ride a bus to assholes who just want to create chaos? Again, I knew you were stupid but not that stupid. Bashing someone's head in just because they want to do what whites can do is in no way the same as lining up on a busy bridge during rush hour inconveniencing thousands. Totally different. Not even close. Not even in the same ballpark. Hell, it's not even the same sport. Care to trot out another strawman Saul?
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 11-17-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,088
    Ask not what your country can do for you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Wow, what a fool you are. So what you're saying is that there is no difference between people who just want to ride a bus to assholes who just want to create chaos?
    I didn't say that. You might be reading what you want to see, but you don't seem to be reading my words.

    I'm saying that breaking a law doesn't give police free reign to use any level of force as a response. I gave an example of protesters engaging in civil disobedience and the police sanctioning a violent (even deadly) response. If you disagree with Bull Conner here, then you must agree that there is such a thing as disproportionate use of force. You must also agree that not every act of civil disobedience warrants any level of force as a response.

    It's simple logic, my friend.

    Now it's fair to say that some illegal actions warrant higher levels of force (for example, assaulting a police officer warrants a FAR higher degree of force than does loitering), but the simple fact that someone is engaging in illegal civil disobedience doesn't mean "anything is on the table".

    Therefore, (let's keep using logic), the simple argument of "they were breaking the law" is not a valid justification for all degrees of police force.


    If you believe that is a valid argument in all cases, then you must believe that breaking the law warrants any degree of force, so you must believe that Bull Conner was justified in his actions because those bus riders were actively and consciously breaking the law.

    Logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,278
    I'm saying that breaking a law doesn't give police free reign to use any level of force as a response.
    Yeah. Because we all know a cop should react with being slashed with a bottle by giving the assailant flowers.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Yeah. Because we all know a cop should react with being slashed with a bottle by giving the assailant flowers.

    Reading problems?

    Now it's fair to say that some illegal actions warrant higher levels of force (for example, assaulting a police officer warrants a FAR higher degree of force than does loitering)
    Try sounding out each word and using a dictionary to help with the big ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    950
    The only use of force required for this scum is liberal use of machine guns. Let them on the bridge, block off both ends, and use helicopters.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    The only use of force required for this scum is liberal use of machine guns. Let them on the bridge, block off both ends, and use helicopters.

    :eek::eek::eek:

    Can I watch???:p
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •