Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    :eek::eek::eek:

Can I watch???:p
    We should sell tickets to that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Reading problems?

Try sounding out each word and using a dictionary to help with the big ones.
    So, let me get this straight. Police cannot use force in cases of civil disobedience except in cases when they can? Um, OK. FYI, basic use of force rules(and, yes this is included in corrections) is that police can use force at least one step above such force being applied by the perp. Hence, if they're sitting in the road blocking traffic, I can drag your scrawny ass away by your hair if I have to. Come at me with a closed fist, expect to get tagged with a baton. Be stupid enough to come at me with a razor shank or broken bottle, now I'm authorized to use deadly force. Hell, be cute and invade my personal space and start cussing me out nose to nose and guess what? 3 seconds later I'll have hold of your wrist and you'll be crying for mama. I can get that off by simply stating that spittle came from your mouth and hit me.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Anyone who blocks bridges or freeways at rush hour should be shot on site.

I was watching them. When someone was arrested after attacking a cop, the shitters were screaming for a warrant.

It's embarassing to see such ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I'd prefer they get run over Death Race 2000 style but I wouldn't want anyone to ruin their car on these idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Take the train.

Police commissioner Bull Conner sanctioned acts of violence against the Freedom Riders in Alabama.

Was violence against the black bus riders justified because they were breaking the law?

If your answer is no, then you cannot claim that any use of force is justified as a response against any act civil disobedience.

Sometimes force is necessary, but not always. Also, the there is such a thing as disproportionate use of force.
    The Freedom Riders were not endangering the public. Blocking traffic and bridges during rush hour isn't simply civil disobedience, it's dangerous. The use of force against persons who knowingly and deliberately create hazards for the public is one of the basic functions of any just state, and those leaders who refuse to act accordingly are derelict in their duties. If one person dies because an emergency vehicle cannot get through, or because of an accident caused by the Occupistas, then every one of them that conspired to block the road is guilty of conspiracy and reckless disregard for human life.
    I didn't say that. You might be reading what you want to see, but you don't seem to be reading my words.

I'm saying that breaking a law doesn't give police free reign to use any level of force as a response. I gave an example of protesters engaging in civil disobedience and the police sanctioning a violent (even deadly) response. If you disagree with Bull Conner here, then you must agree that there is such a thing as disproportionate use of force. You must also agree that not every act of civil disobedience warrants any level of force as a response.

It's simple logic, my friend.

Now it's fair to say that some illegal actions warrant higher levels of force (for example, assaulting a police officer warrants a FAR higher degree of force than does loitering), but the simple fact that someone is engaging in illegal civil disobedience doesn't mean "anything is on the table".

Therefore, (let's keep using logic), the simple argument of "they were breaking the law" is not a valid justification for all degrees of police force.

If you believe that is a valid argument in all cases, then you must believe that breaking the law warrants any degree of force, so you must believe that Bull Conner was justified in his actions because those bus riders were actively and consciously breaking the law.

Logic.
    Nobody is saying that simply violating the law is grounds for any level of response. That's a typical straw man argument against using force when it is warranted and necessary. In this case, the Occupistas have created a public hazard by blocking and disrupting traffic, and refused orders to disperse. In addition, they are resisting the attempts of the police to restore order and protect the public. Under those circumstances, the use of force is clearly justified. If an Occupus gets his tentacles on a weapon or otherwise demonstrates lethal intent against the police, then lethal force would be justified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Take the train.
    No. Get off the bridge.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Police commissioner Bull Conner sanctioned acts of violence against the Freedom Riders in Alabama.

Was violence against the black bus riders justified because they were breaking the law?

If your answer is no, then you cannot claim that any use of force is justified as a response against any act civil disobedience.

Sometimes force is necessary, but not always. Also, the there is such a thing as disproportionate use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Simply put, you're an asshole. A gutless asshole at that.