Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 This is just plain nutz... 
    I know at leat 5 middle aged women going nutz about this new stupid Twilight movie, any middle aged out there that can explain it to me? I couldn't sit through the first movie :D

Could some mod fix the title to this is just plain nutz :(
    Last edited by Bailey; 11-18-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Power CUer
    I can't even sit through the trailers on TV.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I can't even sit through the trailers on TV.
    I tried even reading the books but they are also bad :(

It would be real creepy if a bunch of men of the same age were all pumped to see 17 year old girls in a movie lol

My 11 year old niece read the books and is totally over them. She read the books because all her friends were reading them. She hasn't gone out of her way to see the movies. She likes Harry Potter, though.

One of my brother's 14 year old twins is totally into Twilight. She's too smart for it, but it's one of those teenaged things. It probably annoys my brother, which only encourages her.

my teen loves it.
    “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that’s why they call it the present.” ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I know at leat 5 middle aged women going nutz about this new stupid Twilight movie, any middle aged out there that can explain it to me?...........
    From a movie buff and wanna be director's point of view it is ingenious in that they threw away the old formats and completely re-invented the vampire and werewolf genres.
    Also, the director had enough sense to make the heroine herself rather plain and ordinary looking. Therein lies the appeal to the millions of girls her age who dare not hope the really cool guys will ask her out, but perhaps there is hope that they may be saved and even carried away by a really cool vampire dude.

I think that for most teenagers it is harmless. For movie buffs (like me) it is harmless. But for middle age women? They've lost their grip!:D

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    From a movie buff and wanna be director's point of view it is ingenious in that they threw away the old formats and completely re-invented the vampire and werewolf genres.
    Also, the director had enough sense to make the heroine herself rather plain and ordinary looking. Therein lies the appeal to the millions of girls her age who dare not hope the really cool guys will ask her out, but perhaps there is hope that they may be saved and even carried away by a really cool vampire dude.

I think that for most teenagers it is harmless. For movie buffs (like me) it is harmless. But for middle age women? They've lost their grip!:D
    Oh for the love of pete, I understand redoing the format BUT VAMPIRES DONT SPARKLE. I can understand the vapid teens today loving this piece of garbage but for most women who should know better? meh :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Oh for the love of pete, I understand redoing the format BUT VAMPIRES DONT SPARKLE............
    Um...actually, they don't exist....You did know that, right, Bailey?.............Bailey?!:)

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Um...actually, they don't exist....You did know that, right, Bailey?.............Bailey?!:)
    Can you prove they don't? You haven't met my ex have you? :)