Thread: Biden Transparency Meeting Closed To Press!

1. #1 Biden Transparency Meeting Closed To Press! 
    Biden hidin'
    VP's closed-door transparency chat
    By MATT NEGRIN | 11/17/11 6:34 AM Updated: 11/17/11 12:49 PM

Spot the irony in Vice President Biden’s schedule today, from the White House’s daily guidance:

“At 1:00 PM, the Vice President will attend a meeting of the Government Accountability and Transparency Board in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. At 2:30 PM, the Vice President will meet with representatives of the National Sheriffs' Association in the Roosevelt Room. These meetings are closed press.”

(It was only two months ago that State Department officials briefed reporters on transparency efforts but refused to have their names be printed; and in March, the White House postponed a pooled-press ceremony for President Obama to get an openness award -- it was later rescheduled and carried out in an undisclosed meeting.)

UPDATE: Amy Dudley, a spokeswoman for Biden, contacted POLITICO to offer this on-the-record statement: “The Government Accountability and Transparency Board has been holding regular meetings since its establishment as part of the Administration’s Campaign to Cut Waste last June. The Vice President was invited to drop by today’s meeting in anticipation of their forthcoming report. As has been the case with every meeting of the board, the minutes of the meeting will be posted online.”
    http://www.politico.com/politico44/p...3cca55b8a.html
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Yes, this reminds me of the meeting King Dipstick had back in March:

Obama Accepts Transparency Award in Closed Press Ceremony
    By Doug Powers

President Obama finally and quietly accepted his “transparency” award from the open government community this week — in a closed, undisclosed meeting at the White House on Monday.

The secret presentation happened almost two weeks after the White House inexplicably postponed the ceremony, which was expected to be open to the press pool. >>>

The AP would have been invited to the transparency award ceremony, but they recently reported about how the administration lacks transparency, and as such maybe they’re unworthy of such openness.

Hopefully the president shares the award with his VP, who is also no stranger to this kind of transparency.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

As I was reading this thread, I actually got a nosebleed. I think that I may have suffered an irony overload.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Has Biden said the republicans closed the meeting yet?

You all misunderstand transparency.

Transparency means our transparency to them, not their transparency to us. Think about it.