Thread: I'm being interviewed for a fluffy feature article today--

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I'm being interviewed for a fluffy feature article today-- 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh Jesus Christ, look at this....

Snoutport (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-08-11 12:10 PM

Original message I'm being interviewed for a fluffy feature article today--but I intend to go to a very dark place. (Your brain???) Today should be a very interesting day. A big paper here (1.4 million circulation) is interviewing me for one of those "local teacher does good" articles (I will be interviewed later this month by a respected magazine as well). I am hoping to take this opportunity to go over all the cuts I have seen in the local districts over the past year. Special Education has been especially hard-targeted and today is the day I am taking my argument to the people.
    (Translation: Look at me!!!! I'm gonna act like an idiot!!!!!)

I think they are expecting an article that is about a really swell teacher who uses his free time to help the disadvantaged. What they are going to get is an article about how this teacher has had to give up his free time in order to try and make up for all the cuts that the legislature keeps throwing at us. (A bitch fest with some lies probably...)

I must admit, I am a bit sick to my stomach thinking about it but I feel I have no choice.
    (I know this is wrong, but hell, I couldn't wait to tell my DU buddies to watch me make an ass out of myself. Maybe I'll scream "Truth to Power" too!!!) This very well could put me under fire by my district but what else can I do? My hard work has put me into the spotlight and my choice is simple. Either I could use the opportunity to be patted on the back and fussed over or I can use the opportunity to try and better things for the students in the state I live. (Or I can be a Libtard Dipshit. What should I do????)

So, today in my interview, I intend to go head-to-head with the legislators who have tried so hard to take away the education my students deserve.(Yep. I'm gonna be a dipshit.)

OK...I'm off to do some severely needed grooming and ironing. Wish me luck. :0)
    Try to remember to wash good you smelly hippie.

Yay for moron!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

IF this is even true, if the reporter just doesn't walk out half way through, I'd expect the article to not even be ran.

And when that happens, watch the idiot bitch about being "censored".
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Wonderful...this idiot is gonna go all Matt Damon on some reporter trying to highlight something good.

Idiot.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If special education services are being cut, he or she should stick to the issue and explain how the cuts hurt the children without getting political. It would be even better if he could also show the reporter some of ways the program is serving the children.

People, regardless of politics, actually do care about special needs kids and understand the need for those services.

Banned
    Sticking to the facts never hurt anyone

What they are going to get is an article about how this teacher has had to give up his free time in order to try and make up for all the cuts that the legislature keeps throwing at us.
    Because to a liberal, individuals shouldn't need to give anything except money to the government who then decides who to give to and how much.

And of course the "rich" need to pay "their fair share" which they define as taxes in the 70-95% range.

Sounds like ol' Snotport is about to take a great big dump down the well he has to drink from!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Snoutport (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-08-11 12:10 PM

Original message I'm being interviewed for a fluffy feature article today--but I intend to go to a very dark place. (Your brain???) Today should be a very interesting day. A big paper here (1.4 million circulation)
    This is a list of the top 100 newspapers in the United States by daily circulation for the six month period ended March 31, 2011.[1] These figures are compiled by the Audit Bureau of Circulations.

1. The Wall Street Journal 2,117,796
    2. USA Today 1,829,099
    3. The New York Times 916,911

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...by_circulation
    I'm thinking Snoutport is full of crap.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I'm thinking Snoutport is full of crap.

What's the circulation of the National Enquirer?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    What's the circulation of the National Enquirer?
    Circulation 701,700

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_National_Enquirer
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender