Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Poll question: Is pepper spray torture? 
    link

onehandle Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Nov-19-11 09:41 AM
    Original message
    Poll question: Is pepper spray torture?

(Picture of a number of people blocking a sidewalk, sitting down, locking arms with a police officer spraying them with pepper spray.)

Poll result (77 votes)
    Yes (63 votes, 82%) Vote
    No (13 votes, 17%) Vote
    Other (1 votes, 1%) Vote
    Right. That's why they didn't move when the police told them to. They were so scared of losing their life or being irreparable injured that they decided to stick around for a little bit of torture.

Of course it fits with their claim that loud music, poor food and solitary confinement is "torture".

Uben Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU! Sat Nov-19-11 09:57 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. When did "Protect and Serve" become "Restrict and Abuse"?

These fucking idiot cops need to re-evaluate their "human" status. What kind of person does this kind of thing? A coward? A little weenie bastard who has no power other than to go around abusing other humans because he is too lazy to stand up for anything right? I vote we kick his worthless ass out of the human race and place him in the "pond scum" genus.
    The Magistrate Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Nov-19-11 09:59 AM
    3. In This Sort Of Usage, Sir, Yes: This Is Deliberate Infliction Of Pain To Punish For Disobedience

Its purpose is to terrorize, and dissuade people from future participation in demonstrations of dissent, by m,aking them fearful they would be subjected to such pain themselves if they took part in demonstrations.
    Was it right to do? I don't know because I don't know what happened in relation to the picture, but they clearly had a choice. When do people who endure real torture have a choice?

They are doing to the word "torture" just what they have done to the word "racist". It will have no meaning.

Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4

It happened in the liberal land of California; UC Davis to be exact.

Me thinks the Magistrate needs a dose of pepper spray after attending Law School....

WHAT A MAROON!

Yes lurkers, I did that on purpose ;)
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Those poor widdle kiddles...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

After seeing the video, I woulda used the melon thumpers first.....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Yes. Except that it's masochistic self-inflicted "torture".
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    That's why they didn't move when the police told them to. They were so scared of losing their life or being irreparable injured that they decided to stick around for a little bit of torture.
    Precisely. How can it be torture when you have the opportunity to just walk away from whatever "harm" is befalling you.

And you gotta love the cop in that pic. His face shield is up and it looks like he is just out taking a leisurely stroll on a Sunday afternoon. :D

Thanks officer, for protecting and serving. I appreciate it.

obliviously (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Nov-19-11 06:40 PM
    30. Now that they are seasoned

they need to be tenderized!
    :D
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    :D

Now that made me lol. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Drama queens. A hangnail is torture.

Pack them up and send them to Somalia. They would get a dose of real world.

Pepper spray is a minor irritant. I had to stand there and take a shot in the mush. I was fine 15 minutes later. The only lasting affect was about a week later, while in the shower, I felt a little heat at my scalp line. Guess some capsaicin was still there but that was it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.