Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    If Wee Wee were to ever take a dose of pepper spray in the face he wouldn't be so laudatory of the Obamaville Mobs for sitting there and "taking it".
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

A few weeks ago, I accidently got a bit of habanero sauce in my eye and spent the next few minutes in serious pain, but I've also been tear-gassed as part of basic training and that wasn't nearly as bad. The question is what the ROE that the police were operating under permitted as far as the use of force. If pepper spray was authorized in order to enforce compliance with police orders, then the officer did nothing wrong. And if the protesters were warned that they would be sprayed if they didn't comply, then it's their own fault for not following instructions.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The police knew a few things; The poopy ones were breaking the law. They knew that the poopers failed to follow the orders of the police.

What the police did not know was the reaction of the poopers once they started to arrest them. The pepper spray had the potential of making the poopy ones leave of their own accord. If that failed, the pepper spray would keep the poopers busy and distracted by discomfort while the police made physical contact while arresting the pooy ones.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    A few weeks ago, I accidently got a bit of habanero sauce in my eye and spent the next few minutes in serious pain, but I've also been tear-gassed as part of basic training and that wasn't nearly as bad. The question is what the ROE that the police were operating under permitted as far as the use of force. If pepper spray was authorized in order to enforce compliance with police orders, then the officer did nothing wrong. And if the protesters were warned that they would be sprayed if they didn't comply, then it's their own fault for not following instructions.
    This is something people like wee wee and the DUmp don't understand. It's not like the police hop out of the van and start spraying. First they show up in full riot gear. Then a direct order is given and usually given more than once. Then the order is given a final time with the threat of compliance agents(tear gas, pepper spray). Then the spraying begins. In other words, they are given ample opportunity to comply. The choice is theirs.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Imagine how disgusting it would be to hear some liberal woman talking about how much fun and enjoyable it is to get an abortion, how she loves it and thinks about it and talks to her friends about how much she likes it and makes jokes about it to her buddies online.
    They do that all the time! They are Planned Parenthood counselors.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This is something people like wee wee and the DUmp don't understand. It's not like the police hop out of the van and start spraying. First they show up in full riot gear. Then a direct order is given and usually given more than once. Then the order is given a final time with the threat of compliance agents(tear gas, pepper spray). Then the spraying begins. In other words, they are given ample opportunity to comply. The choice is theirs.
    I think I heard the Berkley campus president has already started throwing the police under the liberal bus (suspensions/investigations, etc), . It was an early report and I only caught the tail end. I was feeding the horses and couldn't make out the details.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I think I heard the Berkley campus president has already started throwing the police under the liberal bus (suspensions/investigations, etc), . It was an early report and I only caught the tail end. I was feeding the horses and couldn't make out the details.
    The details? My guess it would be exactly like what comes out of the hind end of those horses of yours.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The details? My guess it would be exactly like what comes out of the hind end of those horses of yours.
    Horse poop is useful.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You are using a defense that lost all of it's credibility decades ago. "Just following orders" isn't good enough anymore.

Sometimes the rules themselves are wrong, or the people giving orders, and going along with that when you have a conscience makes you just as guilty.

Also, "they were breaking the law" doesn't justify any use of force that the police deem okay, I already gave an example of Bull Conner. He used excessive tactics against people who were breaking the law, and the excuse given was just that - "they are breaking the law".

Sitting peacefully against the orders of a police officer may be against the law, but it doesn't warrant the use of force. They can simply be arrested and dragged away. That's what ended up happening anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaruH5wZwDI

Here is a 3-tour Iraq war veteran being beaten by the police. He doesn't attack them, assault them, or pose any danger to the police, himself, or anyone else. He even continues backing up, following police orders.

There seems to be a brief moment, where he ignores a police order, which results in a severe beating that got him hospitalized.

They ended up, again, using multiple police to hold him down and a circle of police to keep people away, so why didn't they just use 2 police to arrest him? This is more than excessive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.