Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Dems: Obama Should Abandon Run for 2nd Term 

Democratic Pollsters: Obama Should Abandon Run for Second Term

President Obama should abandon his run for a second term and turn over the reins of the Democratic Party to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, two one-time Democratic pollsters wrote in Monday's Wall Street Journal, which appeared online Sunday.

Patrick H. Caddell and Douglas E. Schoen argued that just as Harry Truman and Lyndon Johnson decided not to pursue additional runs though they could have, Obama should do the same.

“He should abandon his candidacy for re-election in favor of a clear alternative, one capable not only of saving the Democratic Party, but more important, of governing effectively and in a way that preserves the most important of the president's accomplishments. He should step aside for the one candidate who would become, by acclamation, the nominee of the Democratic Party: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton,”Caddell and Schoen wrote. >>>

This is not the first time Caddell and Schoen have made this argument. They wrote in November 2010 in The Washington Post that they “do not come to this conclusion lightly. But it is clear, we believe, that the president has largely lost the consent of the governed.”

------------------------------------------------------

Uh oh ... are the dims starting to wake up?

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB4b11_LREA

Thrill Is Gone? Matthews Turns On Obama; 'I Hear Stories That You Would Not Believe'

-----------------------------------------------

"Like little kids with propellers on their heads ..."

Hopefully Obama runs, Hillary would be harder to beat.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    This will never happen. I wonder what the motivation is here. I'm guessing that they realize how much Obama has pissed off the left. They're worried about a Green Party run?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Hopefully Obama runs, Hillary would be harder to beat.
    I dont think the conceit of this narcissist, egomaniac would easily concede .. to the Hildebeast or to anyone else. That was the message when he started campaigning early on as he did. Braggin on his billion dollar war chest. And besides that ... the blacks would never believe that he wasn't forced out and she would lose the black vote ... and the election. No, this American hating marxist is the "tar baby" of the democrat party. The black voters would go ballistic imho.

I say bring on the white female double of 0bama. Make my day.

Pat Caddell is hardly a democrat, these days.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Pat Caddell is hardly a democrat, these days.
    DIMoRATS are hardly Democrats these days. Hanging on to past values that DIMS once possessed is counter productive. It is the party of the full fledged nut cases and the marginally insane. It is the party of special interest and the deviants. The party needs to be flushed down the sewer of history for good. Fortunately, the media can no longer hide the DIMoCRAP "values" and make excuses for them effectively. The public has seen the true face of the DIMoRAT party and they don't like it. The 2010 election was a warm up act compared to the headliner on 2012. Stand by for an old fashioned @$$ whipping at the polls! A reckoning is coming!!!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I think there are some who still haven't gotten over the defeat of Clinton it the 2008 primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I think there are some who still haven't gotten over the defeat of Clinton it the 2008 primary.
    Like Howard Yee Hah Dean, she could never overcome her Witch-like Cackle. Nevertheless, she (or anybody else), could never have screwed the country up as bad as the One who must never be vetted, just vote for an unspecified Hope and Change and fundamental transformation.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    This will never happen.

GMTA. He has 'Waaaaaay too much ego for this, far too many DemonRat powerbrokers and kingmakers are irrevocably invested in him, and the optics of it would be an admission of abject failure that would still poison Hitlery's candidacy.

Plus, the Black voters would sit it out in droves over the perception of backstabbing.