Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Dear OWS Hypocrites Part II 
    Dear OWS Hypocrites:

I see you on Wall Street, Philadelphia, Oakland, among other cities. You're protesting your perception of corporate greed not to mention an insatiable hatred for the wealthy. But my question is, why aren't you occupying Hollywood? Hollywood types are the 1% you despise so much. They are wealthy, affluent, live wasteful, lavish lifestyles. They flaunt their wealth in your faces and yet you do nothing to them. In fact, you consider them your compatriots, comrades. Not to mention the Nancy Pelosi's of the world. Why? I mean, I already know the answer to this question, but I want you to have the guts to give me that answer. But I know better. So, take a bath, get a job, and shut your hypocrite mouth.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Hollywood provides their entrtainment. The King paid the jester well.

It's not the rap star that's the enemy, it's the theater OWNER who collects the ticket price.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    Hollywood provides their entrtainment. The King paid the jester well.

It's not the rap star that's the enemy, it's the theater OWNER who collects the ticket price.
    Actually, no. These idiots willingly hand over the $13(not to mention the $20 for the tub of popcorn and a soda) at midnight to see the latest Twilight installment. However, they froth at the mouth at spending $3 for a gallon of gas even though that gallon of gas is harder to produce than some movie any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Dear OWS Hypocrites:

I see you on Wall Street, Philadelphia, Oakland, among other cities. You're protesting your perception of corporate greed not to mention an insatiable hatred for the wealthy. But my question is, why aren't you occupying Hollywood? Hollywood types are the 1% you despise so much. They are wealthy, affluent, live wasteful, lavish lifestyles. They flaunt their wealth in your faces and yet you do nothing to them. In fact, you consider them your compatriots, comrades. Not to mention the Nancy Pelosi's of the world. Why? I mean, I already know the answer to this question, but I want you to have the guts to give me that answer. But I know better. So, take a bath, get a job, and shut your hypocrite mouth.
    You're missing the point.

The issue isn't that people are rich, most of the protesters don't have a problem with rich people. What they have a problem with is a system that works for the rich at the expense of everyone else.

The problem is how much money goes into politics from wallstreet which affects actual policy, not that people working on wallstreet have more money.

It's not about hating the Oligarchs, it's about hating Oligarchy.

Most of the left-wingers I know don't give 2 shits about hollywood entertainers. They are just distractions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

I'm not missing the point. You see it all the time on DU. "I hate the rich"is the mantra. And I guess Obama doesn't get one dollar from Wall Street companies.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I'm not missing the point. You see it all the time on DU. "I hate the rich"is the mantra. And I guess Obama doesn't get one dollar from Wall Street companies.
    You know as well as I do that Obama has gotten more wall street money than any president ever.

This is why looking at the Democratic Party or websites dedicated to supporting the Democratic party isn't the best idea. They are entirely sold out, owned and operated by big business and special interest groups.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Also, any OWS protester who never thinks beyond "I hate rich people" is a naive and ignorant fool who needs to think harder, get better educated, and keep their mouths shut.

There are some fools like this, but not all of them are this dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    The problem is how much money goes into politics from wallstreet which affects actual policy
    How about union money that flows into politics that affects actual policy?

I don't see any complaints about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    How about union money that flows into politics that affects actual policy?

I don't see any complaints about that.
    How about laws that restrict both? I'd be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    How about laws that restrict both? I'd be happy with that.
    I don't have a problem with that.

But this is a hypocrites thread. The Occupiers are only bitching about corporate money flowing into politics. Not union money or Hollywood money. That makes them hypocrites.