1. #1 Would you support Obama stepping down and refusing to run? 
    HELL NO!

quinnox Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Nov-21-11 03:28 PM
    Original message
    Would you support Obama stepping down and refusing to run?

Edited on Mon Nov-21-11 03:30 PM by quinnox
    A recent news article suggested that President Obama step down and allow Hillary to take his place for the good of the country and the Democratic party.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203611404...

I'm not sure if Hillary is the answer to be honest, but I would support him if he decided for the good of the party stepping down and allowing other Democrats to run for president. Imagine the excitement that would generate. It would draw attention to the Democrats instead of the Republican race which has been focused on intensively and will continue to be a focus for months to come, while the Democrats are largely ignored because of Obama being the presumed nominee.

And lets face it, Obama has proven to be a great disappointment to many Democrats who have all but given up on him or just feel a dull indifference and no enthusiasm for another presidential run in 2012. A fresh start and a wide open field would inject great excitement into the Democratic party which, lets face it, is moribund right now under President Obama's leadership.

I wanna see this fool go down to a bigger defeat than Walter Mondale.

Hutzpa Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU! Mon Nov-21-11 03:34 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    8. You need to stay away from whatever you've been introduced to.

nt.
    11 Bravo Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Nov-21-11 04:17 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    26. I need to get tinted contact lenses. I don't even want to share an eye color with anyone capable ...

of such stupidity.
    Yupster (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Nov-21-11 07:37 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    61. Yes - Hillary would do a much better job

The simple fact is that he was elected though he was unqualified for the job.

He just didn't have the experiences to have a decent chance to be a good president.

Even well qualified candidates often turn out to be bad presidents.

For instance, Herbert Hoover had about the best resume and may have been the best man to ever be elected, and he turned out to be a bad president.
    Troll!!!

AtomicKitten Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU! Mon Nov-21-11 10:04 PM
    Response to Reply #61
    78. If her campaign was any indication of how she'd run the country, we'd be in even worse deep shit.

Edited on Mon Nov-21-11 10:49 PM by AtomicKitten
    She had every advantage - money, name recognition, party machinery backing - before she even took off her coat. And she pissed it away. Oh, and for the record, he had more legislative experience than she did. So, there's that.
    Ouch...

Politicalboi Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Nov-21-11 10:50 PM
    Response to Reply #61
    85. Are you serious

What makes Hillary so "qualified"? The wife of the President? Obama taught Constitutional law. She lied about sniper fire. This idea of Obama stepping aside to let someone else run is IMO ridiculous. I think Obama is the best we've had in a long time. Just because he didn't do EVERYTHING we all wanted him to do, doesn't mean it still can't happen after 2012. Remember Yes WE can, not Yes He Can. I think Obama should take her as VP in 2012.

Really sniper fire. LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHVEDq6RVXc&feature=fvsr
    COOL! DUmmies finally admit Hitlary lied?

What makes Hillary so "qualified"? The wife of the President? Obama taught Constitutional law. She lied about sniper fire. This idea of Obama stepping aside to let someone else run is IMO ridiculous. I think Obama is the best we've had in a long time. Just because he didn't do EVERYTHING we all wanted him to do, doesn't mean it still can't happen after 2012. Remember Yes WE can, not Yes He Can. I think Obama should take her as VP in 2012.
    That is his big qualifier. He taught Constitutional Law (part time) for Christ sake. What else is there?

Obama taught Constitutional law.
    Then why does he not understand the limits of those laws and the boundaries of each branch of government?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Then why does he not understand the limits of those laws and the boundaries of each branch of government?
    I think he probably understands them for the most part, but he just doesn't give a shit now that he's got the power.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I think he probably understands them for the most part, but he just doesn't give a shit now that he's got the power.
    Yeah, I know. The scary thing is that this Marxist taught. That means his diseased ideology has been propagated to unthinking, mindless college drones who have made a career of going to school and teaching still more future idiots.:eek:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand