Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    If there were any bath water, they wouldn't need the shower. :D
    Those metaphors are troublesome.:(
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

No wee. The OWS idiots are a bunch of burn outs who's only lot in life is to sit around smoking ganja in drum circles blathering about their ideals. The one's who do that they so envy are the producers in this country. Those who work 70, 80, 100 hours a week maintaining a better life for them and their family. You know wee, if these knuckleheads you support put out as much time and energy trying to make something of yourselves instead of this nonsense perhaps you can be as successful as those you hate but no, it's easier to sit on your ass and bitch instead. Allow Mr. Rohn to help some more:

The big challenge is to become all that you have the possibility of becoming. You cannot believe what it does to the human spirit to maximize your human potential and stretch yourself to the limit.

The most important question to ask on the job is not "What am I getting?" The most important question to ask on the job is "What am I becoming?"

What you become directly influences what you get.

Financial independence is the ability to live from the income of your own personal resources.

(here's a good one) Don't mistake movement for achievement. It's easy to get faked out by being busy. The question is: Busy doing what?

(And Finally...and pay attention wee)The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become. That is why I wish to pay fair price for every value. If I have to pay for it or earn it, that makes something of me. If I get it for free, that makes nothing of me.
    Oh, and wee, here's another old proverb:

"If you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got."
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 11-22-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Those metaphors are troublesome.:(
    What's a meadow for? Sheep!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What's a meadow for? Sheep!
    Which brings us back to the OWS crowd, and their leader, the sheepdog/Border Collie. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I agree, as members of the 99%, and those with shared interests, we should be out there with them, debating and discussing, rather than just talking about it from a distance.
    It must be an empty and depressing life to have so little inner sense of direction or self that you would let the odd tag ends of society define your role and place in it for you.