Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    As a passenger I'd feel a lot safer knowing there was a military guy with a spear riding shot gun on my plane.
    It is just ridiculous and insane the way the TSA reverse profiles.
    What makes me laugh is when they scrutinize the pilots. I mean, if a pilot wants to hijack a plane, all he has to do is turn the wheel.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    This used to irritate me every time my son flew in and out when he was active duty.
    He always got pulled aside and subjected to extra searches. :mad:
    They pulled me out of line while I was on travel orders, in uniform. I had my flight helmet with me and they told me to take it apart. I told them "no," and if they wanted to take it apart, go get a supervisor and a hand receipt he can sign. If he still wanted it taken apart, he could sign for it and take responsibility for the potential damage to the $12,000 dollar item. They decided that my helmet wasn't such a "dangerous item" after all.

I guess there was a heightened alert for US Soldiers attacking Cincinnati that day.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I don't mind them patting down Muzzie service people, thats just common sense

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    What makes me laugh is when they scrutinize the pilots. I mean, if a pilot wants to hijack a plane, all he has to do is turn the wheel.
    Yeah...when they pat a pilot down....what are they saying about their own hiring practices?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Yeah...when they pat a pilot down....what are they saying about their own hiring practices?
    I remember hearing a guy on the radio say that he was going through security and he had 2 unopened bottles of water and the TSA wouldn't let him through because supposedly at the time you were only allowed 1. Well, off to the side was a pilot drinking his coffee. He wasn't allowed to bring his coffee through because it was an opened beverage. This is what happens when you put the government in charge of anything. There was nothing wrong with airport security pre-9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I remember hearing a guy on the radio say that he was going through security and he had 2 unopened bottles of water and the TSA wouldn't let him through because supposedly at the time you were only allowed 1. Well, off to the side was a pilot drinking his coffee. He wasn't allowed to bring his coffee through because it was an opened beverage. This is what happens when you put the government in charge of anything. There was nothing wrong with airport security pre-9/11.
    There were lots of things wrong with airport security pre-9/11, as 9/11 proved, but Washington hasn't fixed those things. Disarming every passenger on an aircraft guarantees that they will be vulnerable to the one person who manages to defeat the systems in place, and somebody will always defeat the system, because it cannot anticipate every possible response. Polymer knives, for example, don't set off metal detectors, but can be carried without any trouble. Some of them even come disguised as everyday items, like combs, and no X-ray machine will pick them up.

When we did our first PCS move after 9/11, the TSA patted down our infant daughter and our cat. The security backlog was so bad that we almost missed our flight, and had to run the length of LAX to our gate before we had time to get our shoes back on. Of course, we were traveling under orders, but that made no difference.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    They've been patting us down since 2003. Had to take off my dog tags...belt...boots and other various stuff just getting home from Iraq I felt like a stripper.

If they pat you down and leave you feeling degraded... Damn.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    There were lots of things wrong with airport security pre-9/11, as 9/11 proved, but Washington hasn't fixed those things. Disarming every passenger on an aircraft guarantees that they will be vulnerable to the one person who manages to defeat the systems in place, and somebody will always defeat the system, because it cannot anticipate every possible response. Polymer knives, for example, don't set off metal detectors, but can be carried without any trouble. Some of them even come disguised as everyday items, like combs, and no X-ray machine will pick them up.

When we did our first PCS move after 9/11, the TSA patted down our infant daughter and our cat. The security backlog was so bad that we almost missed our flight, and had to run the length of LAX to our gate before we had time to get our shoes back on. Of course, we were traveling under orders, but that made no difference.
    But how many incidents of knives being used pre-9/11 were there? And the extra BS we go through now was because overseas security was lax, not ours. Richard Reid's flight originated in Paris. The underwear bomber was from Amsterdam IIRC. The issue with the potential liquid explosive, London(again IIRC). But the issue here is that once the government took over, it became the bastion of political correctness. I don't care how many 8 year olds or grannies on walkers they feel up, it won't make me feel any safer. However, if they have 4 or 5 Middle Eastern looking men between the ages of 18-50 being scrutinized, THAT would make me feel safer.

Our greatest security asset, I believe, is the ire and suspicion of the general public. On one hand some government officials seem to know this and encourage it, but on the other hand they seem not to trust the public to act in the public's own good. So they 'help' us.

I remember back in 1998 when I returned from Bosnia. Myself and 2 other soldiers were traveling together back to Benning. We landed at ATL Int. and proceeded through International Customs.

Now... Back then we traveled with our weapons... hand carried. I was carrying everyone weapon (3 M-16's and a M203 grenade launcher). slung over both shoulders while the other two handled the baggage. (Keep in mind we WERE in uniform.

As we proceeded up to the customs agent, the nice lady looked me in the eye and asked (I shit you not...) "Do you have any HANDGUNS to declare?"

I replied, "No ma'am, just 3 machine guns and a grenade launcher."

She looked at me, smiled and said, "Welcome Home." and let us pass without a second thought.

How times have changed....
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men [and women] than himself." ~John Stuart Mill, 1806 - 1873