1. #1 L.A. To Bribe OWS 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    By giving them free public land and office space:
    Los Angeles officials have offered Occupy L.A. protesters a package of incentives that includes downtown office space and farmland in an attempt to persuade them to abandon their camp outside of City Hall, according to several demonstrators who have been in negotiations with the city. [...]

Lafferty said city officials have offered protesters a $1-a-year lease on a 10,000-square-foot office space near City Hall. He said officials also promised land elsewhere for protesters who wish to farm, as well as additional housing for the contingent of homeless people who joined the camp.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Isn't this a conflict of interest? If they do this, does this mean that they must offer the same deal to a conservative based movement?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Isn't this a conflict of interest? If they do this, does this mean that they must offer the same deal to a conservative based movement?
    Good thinking but I would rather see them give the 1% free office space, farmland and housing.

Now that would be funny to watch. Here you go Mr. Gates, here's 10,000 square feet to expand Microsoft. And here's a free house to store your shoe collection. No charge buddy. :D

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Good thinking but I would rather see them give the 1% free office space, farmland and housing.

Now that would be funny to watch. Here you go Mr. Gates, here's 10,000 square feet to expand Microsoft. And here's a free house to store your shoe collection. No charge buddy. :D
    My point is that there has got to be some sort of conflict of interest here. Is a city allowed to just give land and space to a political group at taxpayer expense?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

"...Because once you pay Danegeld, you never get rid of the Dane."

What are they going to offer the next group of disaffected vagrants? Is the LA city government awash with vacant office space and farmland?

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    "...Because once you pay Danegeld, you never get rid of the Dane."

What are they going to offer the next group of disaffected vagrants? Is the LA city government awash with vacant office space and farmland?
    Let alone office space, what about this free farmland.

They have that many acres of farmland to doll-out? And what about farm equipment? These freeloaders won't buy it, they will demand it be given to them. Along with the grain, livestock, fuel and so forth.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

The farm animals would get grossed out by their toilet habits!:eek:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    Hey I live in SoCal. How about Tony Villar gives me some free farmland. And some office space. I could camp out there and save on rent!

Another reason we ALL hate Villar.

It's to get them out of sight.