Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Just back from the pharmacy. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    You know, I just don't believe these shitheads anymore...:mad:

PETRUS (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-22-11 05:52 PM
    Original message Just back from the pharmacy.

I was there to pick up medicine for my (homebound) mother. The cashier asked the customer in front of me for her insurance info, she said she had none, the cashier said ok, then your total is $140.00. The woman froze up for a few seconds, then said never mind and walked away.

This post may be 100% legit but the DUmmies have been caught making shit up so many times I just look at a post like this and sigh. You know these pricks just love posts like this and they're simple to make up and impossible to disprove.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I had a scrip I would pick up at Walgreen's for 89.00, the second month I asked if there was any way to get the price down and they signed me up for a membership card. Now it is 22.00 per month with tax.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Sounds to me like she didn't have enough cash on her. Probably just walked away to hit the ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Sounds to me like she didn't have enough cash on her. Probably just walked away to hit the ATM.
    :eek:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Desertrose (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-22-11 05:54 PM

2. Ridiculous. Costs big pharma a few pennies most likely.
    Rx prices in this country are insane.
    Will someone in the DU community school this jackass on the enormous cost of drug discovery. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

This post may be 100% legit but the DUmmies have been caught making shit up so many times I just look at a post like this and sigh. You know these pricks just love posts like this and they're simple to make up and impossible to disprove.
    I don't know how pharmacies work in DUmmiland, but around here, you don't take your Rx to the cashier, you pay for it at the pharmacy counter.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Will someone in the DU community school this jackass on the enormous cost of drug discovery. Please.

Especially since we effectively subsidize Canada's drugs. They buy below cost and it is made up by charging US more.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

This one is probably true. My son had a heart attack (age 39). He was unemployed at the time. I bought his prescriptions the day he got out of the hospital. The three meds came to over $230.00.

The "cashier" ask for his insurance info. I could have walked away. Instead, I explained I was his insurance.

Family: The Original and Still the Best Social Security.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Especially since we effectively subsidize Canada's drugs. They buy below cost and it is made up by charging US more.
    This is very true. The USA has been subsidizing Canada's pharmacies for decades.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if this were true. I was in the Springfield Pharmacy in Springfield VA back in 1994 or so, when the old (guessing late 70's) man in front of me was presented with the total for his wife's meds. With all the dignity he could muster, he asked the clerk, "Can I get half?". Now that's not the same as walking away. I have no idea what the day of the month was, and he might have been simply spreading the cost across an approaching pay day. Even so, it was enough to put a scare into you.