Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I had to pay over $200 for prescriptions when I was sick without insurance. For years I would simply not buy medicine unless it was absolutely necessary. I spent about 2 years having an impacted wisdom tooth flare up and get infected, tearing through my gum and hurting like all hell. I would go weeks at a time unable to eat solid foods but I just never went to the dentist because I didn't have insurance. I talked to people but the price quotes were WAY out of my range.

I don't think the OP is exaggerating and even if they are, there are plenty of people out there with that problem.
    Somehow, I have a hard time believing that somebody that you know wasn't willing to remove your tooth. Most of the people who read your posts would have to be held back from doing it. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I have never had insurance. It was quite easy to work out a payment plan with any dentist I ever went to and pay for all my dental work.

Then I did not think I had a RIGHT to have someone else pay for what I needed to have done.

There are programs galore to help out with scrips. Even by the drug companies themselves. They're out there. You just have to look. Unfortunately most people are too lazy or too proud to ask for help.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.