Thread: Thanksgiving jihad? Butterball sells sharia friendly halal turkeys

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Thanksgiving jihad? Butterball sells sharia friendly halal turkeys 
    Michael Stone
    , Humanist Examiner
    Thanksgiving is turkey time, yet many Americans are unaware that the turkey on the menu may be halal, meaning it is slaughtered according to the dictates of sharia, the religious law of Islam.
    On Monday, reports began circulating around the web that one of America’s largest producers of thanksgiving turkeys, Butterball, slaughters turkeys according to the dictates of sharia law. And apparently Butterball has confirmed the rumor: all Butterball whole turkeys sold in the U.S. are slaughtered in accord with sharia, Islamic religious law.

Halal is a term designating any object or an action which is permissible to use or engage in, according to Islamic law. The term is used to designate food seen as permissible according to Islamic law.

Halal slaughter is considered by many to be a barbaric and inhumane practice. Others object to the religious aspect - the offering of prayers to Allah as the animal is slaughtered.

The halal sanctioned method of slaughtering animals consists of using a well sharpened knife to make a swift, deep incision that cuts the front of the throat, the carotid artery, wind pipe and jugular veins but leaves the spinal cord intact, and the animal suffering. In addition, a prayer is said over tha animal as it suffers an agonizing death: "Bismillah allahu akbar" -- in the name of Allah the greatest.

Some concerned citizens are now boycotting Butterball turkeys - some because of the connection with Islam and sharia - others because of the brutal and inhumane method of slaughter.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Thanksgiving jihad? Butterball sells sharia friendly halal turkeys - National Humanist | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/humanist-in-...#ixzz1eUqqPczp

I am getting really tired of this crap!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Well I won't be buying Butterball if this is true. Why let the those animals suffer in such a manner?

They are sick in the head. Truly sick...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Apparently, Muslims are trying to find out if Butterball actually prays over the turkeys as well:

http://muslimmatters.org/2011/11/22/...halal-turkeys/

I confirmed with a Butterball consumer affairs representative (as did one of Geller’s readers) that their “whole turkeys are halal.” I pursued the issue by asking if that meant their turkeys are slaughtered individually following Islamic guidelines, beginning with saying Bismillah over them.

I have not been able to get a response to this question, despite trying throughout this afternoon and evening through Butterball’s consumer affairs department and media relations representatives.

I'm trying to find out if halal just refers to the killing method or if there are ritual prayers involved. It has been pointed out that halal is close to kosher, and some have offered that kosher is actually stricter than halal. Still looking for further info.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Well I won't be buying Butterball if this is true. Why let the those animals suffer in such a manner?

It is true, I have read it from several sources.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Here's more from a Muslim blogger who went to the Butterball site (like I did) and found nothing about halal turkeys (and neither did I).

http://www.theamericanmuslim.org/tam...an_cain0018672

...I checked out the Butterball website and could find nothing about halal turkeys. I have never received any notices from any of the Muslim listserves that I am on that halal turkeys were available from Butterball. I have looked at the Butterball (and all the other brands) in my local supermarket, and none of them are marked “halal” or “kosher”. I googled “Butterball halal turkeys” and found nothing except for Geller’s article and reprints of or referrals to her article on sites such as “Death to Islam”, “Bare Naked Islam”, “American Thinker” ....

...So, if as Geller claims, all Butterball turkeys are halal...then they are certainly doing a poor marketing job. They are keeping this information secret from the very community who would be the purchasers of that product...

....In fact, the rules for Kosher and Halal slaughter are very similar. Both slit the throat in one cut without cutting the spinal cord and the blood must be drained. Both must use a sharp knife with no nicks, and not sharpen it in front of the animal. For kosher the animal must also be soaked in salted water to remove the last of the blood. One difference is that Muslims must pronounce God’s name on each animal, Jews must only pronounce a prayer before the first and last animals. After the actual slaughter there are differences in which parts of the animal may be used, etc. Kosher rules are more strict, and therefore observant Jews will not substitute halal for kosher, but many Muslims will substitute kosher for halal if halal is not available.
    Sounds like this Butterball turkey thing is news to American Muslims.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 11-23-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Maybe it's the year for something new:

:D:D

7. #7 Happy Halal Thanksgiving 
    By Pamela Geller

Did you know that the turkey you're going to enjoy on Thanksgiving Day this Thursday is probably halal? If it's a Butterball turkey, then it certainly is -- whether you like it or not.

In my book Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance, I report at length on the meat industry's halal scandal: its established practice of not separating halal meat from non-halal meat, and not labeling halal meat as such. And back in October 2010, I reported more little-noted but explosive new revelations: that much of the meat in Europe and the United States is being processed as halal without the knowledge of the non-Muslim consumers who buy it.

I discovered that only two plants in the U.S. that perform halal slaughter keep the halal meat separated from the non-halal meat, and they only do so because plant managers thought it was right to do so. At other meat-packing plants, animals are slaughtered following halal requirements, but then only a small bit of the meat is actually labeled halal.

Now here is yet more poisonous fruit of that scandal.

A citizen activist and reader of my website AtlasShrugs.com wrote to Butterball, one of the most popular producers of Thanksgiving turkeys in the United States, asking them if their turkeys were halal. Wendy Howze, a Butterball Consumer Response Representative, responded: "Our whole turkeys are certified halal."

In a little-known strike against freedom, yet again, we are being forced into consuming meat slaughtered by means of a torturous method: Islamic slaughter.

Halal slaughter involves cutting the trachea, the esophagus, and the jugular vein, and letting the blood drain out while saying "Bismillah allahu akbar" -- in the name of Allah the greatest. Many people refuse to eat it on religious grounds. Many Christians, Hindus or Sikhs and Jews find it offensive to eat meat slaughtered according to Islamic ritual (although observant Jews are less likely to be exposed to such meat, because they eat kosher).

Others object because of the cruelty to animals that halal slaughter necessitates. Where are the PETA clowns and the ridiculous celebs who pose naked on giant billboards for PETA and "animal rights"? They would rather see people die of cancer or AIDS than see animals used in drug testing, but torturous and painful Islamic slaughter is OK.

Still others refuse to do so on principle: why should we be forced to conform to Islamic norms? It's Islamic supremacism on the march, yet again.

Non-Muslims in America and Europe don't deserve to have halal turkey forced upon them in this way, without their knowledge or consent. So this Thanksgiving, fight for your freedom. Find a non-halal, non-Butterball turkey to celebrate Thanksgiving this Thursday. And write to Butterball and request, politely but firmly, that they stop selling only halal turkeys, and make non-halal turkeys available to Americans who still value our freedoms.

Stephanie Styons at Butterball Corporate sstyons@merrellgroup.com is the contact for those who want to let the company know their feelings about stealth halal turkeys. Also here is the Butterball website for plant locations, which lists whole turkeys as being produced at their North Carolina and Arkansas plants.

Across this great country, on Thanksgiving tables nationwide, infidel Americans are unwittingly going to be serving halal turkeys to their families this Thursday. Turkeys that are halal certified -- who wants that, especially on a day on which we are giving thanks to G-d for our freedom? I wouldn't knowingly buy a halal turkey -- would you? Halal turkey, slaughtered according to the rules of Islamic law, is just the opposite of what Thanksgiving represents: freedom and inclusiveness, neither of which are allowed for under that same Islamic law.

The same Islamic law that mandates that animals be cruelly slaughtered according to halal requirements also teaches hatred of and warfare against unbelievers, the oppression of women, the extinguishing of free speech, and much more that is inimical to our freedom. Don't support it on this celebration of freedom. Join our Facebook group, 'Boycott Butterball'.

Don't buy a Butterball turkey for Thanksgiving.
    Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/...#ixzz1eUwWTPvm

Romans 14:14

As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself.

1 Corinthians 10:25-27 (also 1 Cor 8:4-8)

Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."

If some unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience.

Acts 15:29

You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.

1 Corinthians 10:20-21

...the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.

Revelation 2:20

Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.

Ok, before everyone panics, we don't know if the turkey is "sacrificed to idols." In other words, we don't know if any prayers to Allah are actually said. My guess is that Butterball only applies certain mechanics in its killing method, something that fits kosher and halal requirements. I am almost certain that there is not individual killing of birds and prayers over each one. It would just take too damned long.

Also understand that this is news to the Muslim community which, according to some popular sites I have read, didn't even know that Butterball was halal.

As an international turkey provider, we have the expertise in serving different countries and different customs, and will work with you to meet any and all product needs. We have met the requirements for the following certifications: USDA Approved, Russian Approved, Halal Certified, and employ a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HAACP) food safety system with Good Manufacturing processes. From great customer service to new product innovation to the proper certifications, Butterball has the experience you need to get our great tasting turkey in your market.
    http://www.butterballcorp.com/intl/

It cannot be Halal certified if it is not prayed over.