Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Statement from Butterball read on (gasp!) MSNBC. (I know, I know. But it was the one place I found an actual full statement from Butterball)

"Our domestic products are not halal certified and thus, do not require any additional on-package labeling. As is common within the industry, when we started to export our products overseas, we applied for and met the necessary requirements of halal processing for a segment of our business. Butterball whole turkeys are produced in a manner that meets those requirements if needed, but only turkeys exported to specific countries are certified halal."

So, halal processing, the way in which the blade cuts the turkey neck, is true of some Butterball turkeys. This does not make Butterball truly halal or halal certified. Certified halal, with the halal stamp, means that all conditions have been met, and only those turkeys exported to Muslim countries are truly halal.

So this looks like a scare by Pamela Gellar, nothing more.
    Good, I'm glad this is the case.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I am getting really tired of this crap!
    But...but...but....claims that Muslims are slowly infusing their religion into American life are sooooo overblown :roll eyes:

/DU mode
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I don't see the problem.

Halal meat is actually considered to be slaughtered in a more humane way because it's supposedly quicker.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5079235_de...alal-food.html

Dhabiha, like the kosher "schechting," is a swift incision made with a sharp knife on the animal's neck, cutting both the jugular vein and carotid artery. The spinal cord must remain intact. Many Muslims do, in fact, consider kosher meat halal, though stricter adherents do not. Orthodox Jews, however, do not consider halal meat as kosher, because kosher schechting does have other requirements.

Read more: Definition of Halal Food | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5079235_de...#ixzz1ebbVsU4D
    Now, about stunning....

http://www.hedweb.com/hillman/animpain.htm

There is evidence from human beings that electrical stimulation is painful. Electrical current is widely used to torture people in South America/ the Middle East and China; cattle prods or electric batons are used. Victims of torture attest that the larger the voltage or current, the more painful it is; they do not go unconscious immediately. The power used to torture people is of the same order as that used to stun animals. Greater energy used in the electric chair kills the victim after some minutes, or spoils the taste of meat. Of course, the voltages and currents experienced by the human beings or animals are much lower than those coming out of the devices they use, because the electrodes can not be applied accurately and firmly, and there are alternative pathways across the skin, through the skin and into the tissues. In the case of prisoners in the electric chair, the electrodes are moistened and bound firmly to the head and foot to ensure good contact.
    This doesn't sound humane to me.

Industrial slaughter, from the same link.

Large numbers of animals are slaughtered rapidly in an assembly line. Chickens are lifted by their legs when they are fully conscious. Their heads are immersed in water to make electrical contact, but some flutter and are not stunned. Chickens and pigs are subjected to scalding water to remove their feathers and hair. When stunning is not done properly or exsanguination has not progressed enough, a significant proportion of animals is burnt before going unconscious.
    I had a great aunt who used to do something really weird with the chickens. Chop their head off, let them run, and that's that. What's with this junk above?

Also, I remember watching this episode of Dirty Jobs where the pigs were on top of each other. What a way to live. I also think it's wrong that many farmers are putting animals in small cages for most of their lives. Then, there is the issue of anti-biotics. We're not exactly glowing in morality here.

But if you want to avoid anything with Arab or Muslim background, kindly stop counting in numbers and use roman numerals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Don't push in the temp button, it could be a detonator!:eek:
    Now that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    But if you want to avoid anything with Arab or Muslim background, kindly stop counting in numbers and use roman numerals.
    Yeah, those numbers you are referring to were actually invented by Indian mathematicians. The Arabs took them to Europe where the Europeans misnamed them Arabic numbers because they were unaware of their true origin.

I bet you suck at Jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah, those numbers you are referring to were actually invented by Indian mathematicians. The Arabs took them to Europe where the Europeans misnamed them Arabic numbers because they were unaware of their true origin.

I bet you suck at Jeopardy.
    India had more Muslims before it split up into India and Pakistan. :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

In case anyone still needs some instructions on how to cook their turkey this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=foA0MGUbYH0

Thanks to a dear friend from whom I blatantly stole this. :D
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

India had more Muslims before it split up into India and Pakistan. :D

Happy Thanksgiving!
    The numerals predate the invention of Islam so Muslims had nothing to do with it.

Merry Christmas.

I don't see the problem.

Halal meat is actually considered to be slaughtered in a more humane way because it's supposedly quicker.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5079235_de...alal-food.html

Now, about stunning....

http://www.hedweb.com/hillman/animpain.htm

This doesn't sound humane to me.

Industrial slaughter, from the same link.

I had a great aunt who used to do something really weird with the chickens. Chop their head off, let them run, and that's that. What's with this junk above?

Also, I remember watching this episode of Dirty Jobs where the pigs were on top of each other. What a way to live. I also think it's wrong that many farmers are putting animals in small cages for most of their lives. Then, there is the issue of anti-biotics. We're not exactly glowing in morality here.

I ...II this post! XI ty XI!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.