Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49
  1. #11  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,480
    If you have already purchased a Butterball perhaps this would lift the curse.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    http://www.butterballcorp.com/intl/

    It cannot be Halal certified if it is not prayed over.
    Hmm. I'd love to find out if they actually pray over the turkeys. I can't imagine their doing so.

    Also, it seems from your bacon-slathered turkey above that you did not appreciate my suggestion of Tofurkey? :D:D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Hmm. I'd love to find out if they actually pray over the turkeys. I can't imagine their doing so.

    Also, it seems from your bacon-slathered turkey above that you did not appreciate my suggestion of Tofurkey? :D:D
    I love soy milk but not as a replacement for milk, I have a vegetarian dad and got burned out on all the soy protein meat substitutes very young.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Maybe it's the year for something new:



    :D:D
    Whoa cowboy, back that horse way up! :eek:


    I've slaughtered my fair share of livestock, I've done it QUICKLY! Head removed or .22 mag between the eyes, not the barbaric way that leaves the animal struggling to the end...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Whoa cowboy, back that horse way up! :eek:


    I've slaughtered my fair share of livestock, I've done it QUICKLY! Head removed or .22 mag between the eyes, not the barbaric way that leaves the animal struggling to the end...
    That does sound more humane.

    And certainly much tastier than soy with stuffing. :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I love soy milk but not as a replacement for milk, I have a vegetarian dad and got burned out on all the soy protein meat substitutes very young.
    I'll bet. An old friend of mine was Indian and a vegetarian. We always went to vegetarian restaurants. The Thai one was ok because everything was so heavily spiced it wasn't clear what we were eating.:eek: But I'm not a big fan of tofu outside of Thai cooking. And halal or not, I am having the real deal for Thanksgiving. I've been invited out this year so I don't have to cook, but I suppose I should ask what turkey is being cooked. :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I've been invited out this year so I don't have to cook, but I suppose I should ask what turkey is being cooked. :)
    I wouldn't ask, but when it comes to buying them myself I want a few things cleared up before I buy any Butterball products .
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I wouldn't ask, but when it comes to buying them myself I want a few things cleared up before I buy any Butterball products .
    I'll bet Butterball's been getting a bunch of calls. I imagine they will try to clarify this some time this week.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    My local grocery store has a large Kosher section. This type of thing isn't something to get mad about, who cares?

    I can still get everything I want at the grocery store, so what's the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    My local grocery store has a large Kosher section. This type of thing isn't something to get mad about, who cares?

    I can still get everything I want at the grocery store, so what's the problem?
    Your post is irrelevant, did you read any of the thread?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •