Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If you have already purchased a Butterball perhaps this would lift the curse.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    http://www.butterballcorp.com/intl/

It cannot be Halal certified if it is not prayed over.
    Hmm. I'd love to find out if they actually pray over the turkeys. I can't imagine their doing so.

Also, it seems from your bacon-slathered turkey above that you did not appreciate my suggestion of Tofurkey? :D:D

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Hmm. I'd love to find out if they actually pray over the turkeys. I can't imagine their doing so.

Also, it seems from your bacon-slathered turkey above that you did not appreciate my suggestion of Tofurkey? :D:D
    I love soy milk but not as a replacement for milk, I have a vegetarian dad and got burned out on all the soy protein meat substitutes very young.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Maybe it's the year for something new:

:D:D
    Whoa cowboy, back that horse way up! :eek:

I've slaughtered my fair share of livestock, I've done it QUICKLY! Head removed or .22 mag between the eyes, not the barbaric way that leaves the animal struggling to the end...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Whoa cowboy, back that horse way up! :eek:

I've slaughtered my fair share of livestock, I've done it QUICKLY! Head removed or .22 mag between the eyes, not the barbaric way that leaves the animal struggling to the end...
    That does sound more humane.

And certainly much tastier than soy with stuffing. :D

Power CUer
    I love soy milk but not as a replacement for milk, I have a vegetarian dad and got burned out on all the soy protein meat substitutes very young.
    I'll bet. An old friend of mine was Indian and a vegetarian. We always went to vegetarian restaurants. The Thai one was ok because everything was so heavily spiced it wasn't clear what we were eating.:eek: But I'm not a big fan of tofu outside of Thai cooking. And halal or not, I am having the real deal for Thanksgiving. I've been invited out this year so I don't have to cook, but I suppose I should ask what turkey is being cooked. :)

I've been invited out this year so I don't have to cook, but I suppose I should ask what turkey is being cooked. :)
    I wouldn't ask, but when it comes to buying them myself I want a few things cleared up before I buy any Butterball products .

Power CUer
    I wouldn't ask, but when it comes to buying them myself I want a few things cleared up before I buy any Butterball products .
    I'll bet Butterball's been getting a bunch of calls. I imagine they will try to clarify this some time this week.

My local grocery store has a large Kosher section. This type of thing isn't something to get mad about, who cares?

I can still get everything I want at the grocery store, so what's the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    My local grocery store has a large Kosher section. This type of thing isn't something to get mad about, who cares?

I can still get everything I want at the grocery store, so what's the problem?
    Your post is irrelevant, did you read any of the thread?